Living the dream - an Interview with Frank Noska
This Alaskan bowhunter has 141 Official P&Y Records, 23 B&C records, and virtually all of them taken on unguided, solo bowhunts.
By Pat Lefemine, Founder - Bowsite.com
Compared to the big names in Outdoor TV, Frank Noska is virtually uknown. Yet he's probably more successful than most of them combined. He hunts where he wants, when he wants, does it without cameras and fame - and his success on big game is unparalleled. With one slam under his belt, Frank is now well into his second. As if this success is not enviable enough - Frank is unmarried, lives in Alaska and flies his own bush planes.
As a jet pilot for UPS, Frank Noska is living the life many of us dream about - but will never realize. Yet despite all of this success, he remains one of the most classy, humble and dignififed bowhunters I have ever had the honor to meet. Bringing you this interview is long overdue.
Click on the buttons below to listen to each interview question.
- An introduction to Frank Noska
- How did you get started in bowhunting?
- How does your career as a Jet Pilot fuel your bowhunting obsession?
- As a bush pilot with your own bush planes, have you ever had a crash or close call?
- What is your favorite big game animal to bowhunt in Alaska?
- Tell us about your most memorable big game kill?
- Any tips for a bowhunter looking to hunt Alaska unguided?
- What happened during your 2017 season?
- If you were going to hunt brown bear in Alaska, where would you go?
- What equipment are you currently using?
- Recently BC banned Grizzly hunting â€“ are you worried that may happen in Alaska?
- What hunts are on deck for 2018?
- If you were only able to hunt one species in Alaska, what would it be?
- Do you worry about the future of hunting?