Pat Lefemine 16-Aug-22
BigEight 17-Aug-22
Glunt@work 17-Aug-22
BigEight 17-Aug-22
RIT 17-Aug-22
LKH 17-Aug-22
BigEight 18-Aug-22

Date:16-Aug-22

I have an alfalfa stand that is competing with ragweed. I sprayed Pemex/slay in the spring and it knocked it back but it's coming back strong. I clipped it last week. I was thinking of spraying again but wanted to avoid the Pemex/slay. I've been looking at 24 DB and I think that is ok to use. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Date:16-Aug-22

Effectiveness is gonna be limited this late in the growing season. I put my sprayer away on 8/1. Clipping should be fine at this point. Next spring hit it with Imox in April.

Date:17-Aug-22

Thanks Pat, I've never sprayed this late myself. I know guys will say the ragweed is good for deer but it really was taking over. I clipped it last week and checked it out yesterday and the stand is solid. I'm sure it will be beautiful next year. Thanks again.

Around here a lot of folks do a light disc. Kills a lot of weeds and leaves alfalfa roots intact.

Thanks Don, I've seen that before and I'll keep it in mind. So many options and would I probably should do is leave the dang thing alone and give it a chance.

By: RIT

Ragweed is a browsed species and full of protein mid summer… not so much in October and November though.

By: LKH

One of the possible benefits to the light disc is that it can split off roots on the alfalfa and you can get a denser stand.

Date:18-Aug-22

RIT, I hear you. I just don't like wasting time and money for a nice stand of ragweed. HA! Thanks for the input guys. I really appreciate it.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.