Hunt98 25-Jun-21
t-roy 25-Jun-21
mgmicky 26-Jun-21
WV Mountaineer 26-Jun-21
Hunt98 27-Jun-21
fuzzy 29-Jun-21

By: Hunt98
Date:25-Jun-21

I’m going to be planting turnips, rape, tillage radish etc in 3-4 weeks. I’m going to disc. The weeds are under control. Should I put the lime done now, after I disc the ground or ???

I’m going to be planting turnips, rape, tillage radish etc in 3-4 weeks. I’m going to disc. The weeds are under control. Should I put the lime done now, after I disc the ground or ???

By: t-roy

With any lime, wether pelletized, or regular ag lime, the earlier, the better. Pelletized will break down into the soil more quickly, but it will still take some time. I’d recommend spreading it now, vs waiting until you till. Rains will help dissolve it and get the process started a bit more quickly.

Date:26-Jun-21

Agree with T-Roy. Lime takes several months to activate in the soil. The exception would be one of the high Ca limes with humic acid like Solu-Cal. They work in about half the time of dolomitic lime. They cost more/lb but the price/acre works out to about the same amount.

Date:26-Jun-21

4 weeks ago. So, the sooner the better.

Date:27-Jun-21

I spread the lime out yesterday before a little rain.

By: fuzzy
Date:29-Jun-21

It's too late to help your brassicas much this season but it's an investment in the soil.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.