Realwarrior 16-Mar-21
swampyankee 17-Mar-21
swampyankee 17-Mar-21
BullBuster 17-Mar-21
Catscratch 17-Mar-21
Teeton 17-Mar-21

By: c5ken
Date:16-Mar-21

Frost seeded yesterday with Ladino clover and chicory. Also speed 200 lbs of 0-0-62. (S/E Michigan) I plan on hitting the plot with Imox & Nitro-surf once the weeds start to grow. I would like to fertilize the plot but I'm not sure what to apply. Any suggestions? My soil test indicated I'm short on potash. Everything else is ok...

By: Shiloh

I use 0-20-20

By: Teeton

Not know exactly what your test stated. For me I put down 2-10-40 with Borax. My clover likes Borax .. Ed

Whatever is recommended by your soil test. Which can be done, by an Ag extension agency or Land Grant University, a heck of a lot cheaper than the piece of wasted fertilizer.

Date:17-Mar-21

My soil tests say to top dress after cuttings 0 nitrogen, 20-30lb phosphorus and 90 potassium

Per acre

Teeton, my boron levels are low (0.4 ppm) and I’ve been wanting to apply borax. How much do you apply and I assume you mix it with your dry fertilizer? Thanks

Research gypsum for clover fertilizer. It can have a huge affect on clover palatability. Good stuff!

Careful with boron, it doesn't take much per acre and there is a risk of toxicity.

By: Teeton

BullBuster,, It was part of the 2-10-40 fertilizer. I just put down the required potassium, the boron came with the fertilizer .

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.