Osceola 25-Nov-20
dakotaduner 25-Nov-20
t-roy 25-Nov-20
Screwball 25-Nov-20
drycreek 25-Nov-20
Drahthaar 26-Nov-20

Date:25-Nov-20

Osceola's MOBILE embedded Photo

Four year quest to tag a mule deer off my place. Main draw was alfalfa.

RIGHT ON! now go get a big whitetail!

2 years of passing this guy led to a buddy getting a 10 yard shot. Main draw was an acre of corn which the deer continued to visit after the corn was gone.

Nice bucks... congratulations.

Great nephew (I am getting old) delivered a perfect 50 yard shot opening rifle season. I told him to tell his friends it was a two, twenty five yard shot (sounds like 225 when spoken out loud...)

An incredible season. So very much to be thankful for. Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Those are some beautiful animals. Must be a nice piece of land.. Congrats

Very nice! Congrats

The two whitetails were taken off a 100 acres that when looking from the road would appear as completely average or even below average hunting ground.

Where you can not see from the road, I have 6 separate food plots (1/2 acre clover, 1/2 acre chicory, 6 acres corn/brassica or soybeans/brassica - the mix is determined by how much free seed I have of each, 1/2 acre clover, and 1/2 acre chicory). These plots total about 8 acres. I buy my clover, chicory and brassica seeds from Grandpa Rays. The corn and soybeans I get free leftover partial bags from area farmers. In August, I always hand broadcast a brassica mix (Rape, Winfred Brassica, Ethiopian cabbage, or Daikon radishes) into my standing corn and/or soybeans before a forecasted rain event. I want green leafy food available as many months of the year as possible, but especially I want it available in the fall when the neighboring properties do not have any green left. I personally believe having the food variety/plots is a huge draw.

There is approximately 20 acres of trees (cedar, locust, elm) that we almost never enter. The remaining 70 acres is open pasture (no trees) that I run cattle on from May to October.

You sowed the seeds and reaped the rewards of your patients. Congratulation to you and your family. Great deer anywhere

By: t-roy

Congrats on fulfilling your quest on the muley, Bruce. Ditto on the other deer, as well.

MacGyver would be proud of your plots! ;-)

We can't grow 5 plus acre field's of corn. Deer eat it off at a foot.

Three nice bucks, job well done !

Date:26-Nov-20

Nice. Forrest

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.