'Ike' 11-Sep-19
DanaC 12-Sep-19
Corn bore 12-Sep-19
Corn bore 12-Sep-19
DanaC 12-Sep-19
DIY 14-Sep-19

By: DanaC
Date:11-Sep-19

So, I'm sick of replacing (deleted) AA batteries. I've used alkaline, lithium and rechargeable. They all suck, some more than others. ALL. Won't debate that with ya ;-) That said, I'm looking at 'external' battery packs, and wondering if they all work with all cameras, or are they brand-specific? In other words, can you use a Moultrie battery pack with a Bushnell camera? Etc. etc. Is there a compatibility 'chart'? Or should I just look at the plug and hope for the best? I'd love a formal chart but I'm happy to hear everyone's experiences with cross-brand compatibility or lack of it. Thanks!

No-don't just plug in. HAHAHA

Check with the manufactures about the voltages each camera requires. Cuddeback is 9 volts, so a 12 volt external battery wouldn't work.

By: wildan

I get thousands of videos/pictures with lithium batteries with Browning cameras,the Bushnell's aren't bad either. Just pulled a Browning that was up all summer with 600 20second videos on it and the batteries were still good.Six months in any weather.

By: 'Ike'

I've got the Browning's also, same results as above...I also have their external battery pack that I've never had to use...

Date:12-Sep-19

I should have mentioned I shoot video with my cams, suspect the battery drain is a lot greater.

Yes, I use an external battery with some of mine. You need a cord with the proper end on it to plug into the port on the camera. I bought a battery in a case from moultrie but you can get the same battery for 20 to 25 bucks and you can find the cords by searching the internet( there not easy to find). The batteries are rechargeable and last forever compared to “AA” batteries. They are about 3” by 4” by 8” but as long as they are 12 volt you could use a car battery. The external power ports seem pretty universal across different brands at least the ones I have. If you do it just make sure your voltage is correct.

Yes, I use an external battery with some of mine. You need a cord with the proper end on it to plug into the port on the camera. I bought a battery in a case from moultrie but you can get the same battery for 20 to 25 bucks and you can find the cords by searching the internet( there not easy to find). The batteries are rechargeable and last forever compared to “AA” batteries. They are about 3” by 4” by 8” but as long as they are 12 volt you could use a car battery. The external power ports seem pretty universal across different brands at least the ones I have. If you do it just make sure your voltage is correct.

Found this site, still poiking around

http://www.custom1enterprises.com/custom1enterprises_002.htm

By: DIY
Date:14-Sep-19
DIY's Supporting Link

I use these. Put it in the right location facing the sun and you don’t have to deal with dead batteries anymore. Have to make sure the camera uses 12v external power.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.