nutritionist 12-Jul-18
nutritionist 12-Jul-18
drycreek 13-Jul-18
Meedys 12-Nov-21
itshot 12-Nov-21
wildwilderness 17-Nov-21

Date:30-Jun-18

nutritionist's MOBILE embedded Photo

We are in year 1 of the "extreme property makeover" in Sparta WI. There has been deer school already hosted there. I'll continue to post pictures on this site/post to help educate you all. It will be a multi-year project.

Who has been on the property so far? Jim Ward, weaving magic with hinge cutting. Art Helin, a close buddy and expert on T.S.I and habitat. Zack Haas, who i believe is the premier water quality educator in the wildlife industry. And myself.....

The property was basically set up previously with mainly corn-soybeans and alfalfa. We are putting in waterways, adding a 3rd rotation blend with deer and bird. We are using more screenings to help with getting into and out of deer stands. We are adding unique forbs, bulbs and other overlooked forages.

Stay tuned

A grass waterway being installed

Micro Plot cut out into a 5 acre field

Deer and Bird on 1/3 of the field corn on 1/3 and soybeans on 1/3. Reestablishing a long term soil health rotation.

Screening implementation to funnel deer and help get the client into his stands.

Late Planting of deer and bird and four galore. The Deer and bird will block the neighbors and the driveway. The four galore will give nutrition that will be overseeded into winter bulbs come fall.

By: MK111

WOW that's impressive. Going to enlighten to follow this project.

Gorgeous country.

Nice work.

Total acreage? Was how many acres in crops, woods, water, misc (roads, trails),?

plan After renovation acres in crops for sale, unharvested (food plots), woods, water, misc, 1st year, 2nd year , long term target acreage for each catagory. Will there be area of small trial plots of different blends and tilage applications? Will there be onsite seasonal seminars or tours ?

Sounds like fantastic project!

Date:07-Jul-18

What are you building? Hunting Heaven

For those who are not aware of what I do, I run a few ventures. One is a wildlife seed distribution company. I have 7 educational plots across the US and the extreme property makeover is a long term project. This farm was donated to me to use for teaching. We already had deer school 2018 on it. We already have had Jim Ward there to hinge cut. There is currently 2 ponds on the property. The property has extreme slope and moderate to high deer numbers.

The goal is to add more winter and summer bedding. We are going to reduce chemical usage. We are going to reduce soil erosion. We are turning large food plots into a 3 year rotation with smaller micro plots off the main plots.

The goal is to teach from step 1 in property improvement through the process.

I hope you all enjoy.

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Always nice to see hunters and recreationists giving back.

Sparta is pretty close to where I hunt. Beautiful area. Nice work.

Date:12-Jul-18

More aerial pics before corn, beans and deer and bird took off.

more

another one

Date:13-Jul-18

I'll be following this......

By: Meedys
Date:12-Nov-21

It looks perfect. That's good work. My wife and I did some waterways for our crop not too long ago, too, though not much of it. My wife decided she would like her garden or vegetable garden, and we decided to do that. Also with all this, fixed our eavestrough because it had been broken for a long time now causing all the water to run down the house which is not good either. But the workers did everything as fast and high quality as possible, and the eavestrough holds up even in the strongest hurricane. We also decided to install grates so that the castings do not fall and clog the paths.

By: itshot
Date:12-Nov-21

i hate when castings fall and clog the paths, so much so that i had my eavestroughsman fellow arrested and jailed for inferior eavestroughing

pretty sure the build back better programme addressessses these disparities, just in time for small, outdoor, socially distant, winter solstice gatherings!

Date:17-Nov-21

What are waterways?

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.