GFL 28-Apr-22
Pat Lefemine 28-Apr-22
Mitch 28-Apr-22
Mitch 28-Apr-22
t-roy 28-Apr-22
Shiloh 29-Apr-22

Date:21-Mar-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo

Last year there was a lot of threads about IMOX with guys unhappy with the results on their clover/chicory plots.

I know everyone is still in winter mode but IMOX works best when the grass and weeds are tiny. For many of you in the south, that's probably now. For me in the North it will be around the 3rd week of April. If you get that stuff applied really early it works great. if you wait until the weeds and grass are half a foot tall your results will be disappointing. I just ordered my pesticide and I thought I'd bring it up as a reminder.

Date:22-Mar-22

I appreciate that advice. The problem I have with it is many of my fields are too wet to drive tractor on in April.

By: goyt

I sprayed IMOX with ammonium sulfate on April 19 last year and about the same time in 2020. I sprayed with Clethodim 2E with crop oil and ammonium sulfate on July 31 and Butyrac 200 on August 9.

By: Shiloh

Mine is at the co op ready for pickup. Wish I had gotten it on a week or two ago!! Storms just rolled through so I’ll definitely be using my 100 gallon UTV spray rig. No way to do it with a tractor.

I’ll add one more thing. I was not happy with Imox because I applied too late last year, but it was obvious that it has a strong residual because where I used it I didn’t see as much weed activity late in the summer.

By: t-roy

Pat…….were there any issues with availability in getting the chemical, and much sticker shock on the price? Lots of chemical prices (like every friggen thing else) have gone through the roof, with lots of them impossible to get, right now.

Not yet, I just ordered my IMOX and 2-4DB from Amazon and the prices didn't seem any worse than last year.

I haven't ordered my fertilizer yet and I'll need a therapist after getting that bill - however.

I’m thinking about getting drunk right before I order mine…..That always seems to help :-(

I have had to wait for a while on my Imox. Should’ve ordered like Pat I guess, but hate not to support the local co op. Getting a check at the end of the year helps a little bit.

Date:23-Mar-22

The key I’ve learned with IMOX is DONT wait to find the weeds, spray early to kill the weeds when they are small.

In my experience IMOX and Nitro Surf are an effective combo for clovers and alfalfa’s. It just takes a long time (4-7 days ) to start to see the effectiveness.

Mark

Date:28-Apr-22

Bumping this thread back up....

If you’re going to spray IMOX/Nitrosurf on your clovers and alfalfas, do it early....for me in central MN, that means mid to late May.

Mark

By: GFL

GFL's embedded Photo

In Georgia I spray all my clover fields at the end of April or first of May. I’ve been using it for the last 2 years. It gets expensive with over 10 acres of just clover. If I wait much longer it doesn’t seem to work that great.

I sprayed imox last weekend

By: Mitch

I sprayed last weekend as well. First time using it so I’m very interested in seeing the results.

By: Mitch

I sprayed last weekend as well. First time using it so I’m very interested in seeing the results.

Sprayed my clover this afternoon with Imox and nitro. It has been an unseasonably cold spring here, so far. My clover is just starting to sprout. Hopefully the grasses have, too!

Date:29-Apr-22

I sprayed 4 weeks ago. Good results so far

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.