Pat Lefemine 09-May-22
Shiloh 09-May-22
Stressless 12-Jun-22
Mark Watkins 28-Mar-23
Stressless 29-Mar-23
Stressless 29-Mar-23

By: goyt
Date:16-Feb-22

I have some clover plots that I would like to both frost seed with clover and birdsfoot trefoil and spray with IMOX. Will the IMOX kill the newly frost seeded clover and birdsfoot Trefoil?

Date:17-Feb-22

Might try deerhunterforum.com or allthingshabitat.com I don't spray IMOX,all I ever spray on clover is cleth product and it's a generic called volunteer.

Date:18-Feb-22

Thanks for the response.

Date:07-May-22

Imox has a good month of residual effect, so I only spray on my existing clover plots or at least a month after seeds sprouted.

Date:08-May-22

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo

I sprayed my Ohio plots the last week of April. Imox did well last year on grass and certain weeds but other weeds like dock were not controlled as well as I wanted so I sprayed IMOX, and then 3 days later I sprayed Clethodim and Butyrac (2,4db). It may have been overkill but this is year 2 of a big 5 acre field and I want to keep it under control.

Pat, did you mix your Cleth and 24Db or spray separately?

goyt's embedded Photo

The picture is a close up from a field which had no legumes in it going into the winter. It was frost seeded in early March with legumes and sprayed with IMOX on April 23. The picture was taken on May 5th. The clover is very small and easy to miss but anywhere I looked there was new growth clover coming up. Clearly, at least for clover IMOX can be used on a frost seeded field. There was also some chicory and BFT in the mix. Too early to tell if they will come up.

By: t-roy

Good to hear, goyt. I overseeded some existing clover plots in early March, then sprayed them with Imox a couple weeks ago. It has been unseasonably cold this spring, so everything is about 2-3 weeks behind, here.

Longbow42, I tanked mix the two. I have been doing that for years. I know guys say not to do that, but I've never experienced a problem.

t-roy, I do the same thing every year. With existing plots it is hard to tell if there is new growth from the frost seeding. This is the third year I have used IMOX and I didn't know if I was getting any benefits from frost seeding if IMOX was used. The picture above covers an area that is not much bigger than a playing card. Temperatures are to be warm, maybe in the 80s this week. I will check again in about a week to see how the clover is progressing and if there is any sign of the chicory and BFT.

By: KHNC
Date:09-May-22

319.00 a gallon for IMOX!! Holy Sheet!! Glad i dont need much weed killer. I will use Cleth on mine this spring when i get around to spraying the new clover. 32oz is 43.00.

By: KHNC

319.00 a gallon for IMOX!! Holy Sheet!! Glad i dont need much weed killer. I will use Cleth on mine this spring when i get around to spraying the new clover. 32oz is 43.00.

A gallon would last me about 4 years. Seriously, it's a very small amount of IMOX that's used per/acre. Most plotters buy the small quart bottle ($95 on Amazon) and that sprays about 5 acres. You are spraying at a rate of 4-8oz per acre.

When you do the math against clethodim and butyrac it's actually more economical.

By: Shiloh

Yes......I use an entire jug every spring. It sucks, but I have been happy with the results and when I factor my time I am happy to pay for it.

Date:12-Jun-22

Very impressed with IMOX and the application this year. I made it a bit too hot and will reduce by 25% or so for next year but I hit an established plot "bottom" last year and so I have an established plot and a frost seeded plot of legumes from 3 Mar of this year.

20220414-123716

45 days of so after applying IMOX Bottom plot is doing great with few weeds and the new plots is filling out nice...

IMG-0166

The line that IMOX made as an application between the established clover and where I'm trying to build OM in the soil. There was rye spread at the same rate across the whole plot.

PICT0778

Date:28-Mar-23

When spraying this spring, might as well add in some foliar fertilizer for the legumes as well. This is in addition to your “normal fertilization plan.”

Ive done it the past two springs and it helps the growth.

Mark

Date:29-Mar-23

From the Imazamox lable:

The addition of an adjutant AND a nitrogen fertilizer solution are required for optimum weed control, unless otherwise directed in this label.

Goyt and I have been using IMOX and adding Crop Oil Concentrate (COC) and Ammonium Sulfate (AMS) with the IMOX tank. We spray known Gallons/Acre so it's easy to get the measurements correct for tank volume, then just spray at the right pressure and speed for your Gallons/Acre. Imazamox (the active chemical in IMOX and Raptor) wants and needs moisture to work effectively so the more Gallons/Acre the better.

Raptor is the same chemical as IMOX, imazamox, but their label is much more specific and clearer than the IMOX label.

http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/labels/Raptor.pdf

Nitrogen Fertilizer Recommended nitrogen-based fertilizers include liquid fertilizers [such as liquid ammonium sulfate (AMS), 28% N,32% N, or 10-34-0] at 2.5 gallons/100 gallons of spray solution. Instead of liquid fertilizer, spray-grade ammonium sulfate may be used at 12 to 15 pounds/100 gallons of spray solution.

Crop Oil Concentrate (COC), Methylated Seed Oil (MSO), or High Surfactant Oil Concentrate (HSOC).

Petroleum-based or vegetable seed-based crop oil concentrate may be used. MSO is recommended when weeds are under moisture or temperature stress. Use MSO or COC at 1 to 2 gallons/100 gallons of spray solution [1% to 2% volume/volume (v/v)]. Use HSOC at 0.5 gallon/100 gallons of spray solution (0.5% v/v).

Date:29-Mar-23

duplicate

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.