Schl44 23-Sep-21
HuntingFamily 23-Sep-21
BullBuster 23-Sep-21
Grunt-N-Gobble 24-Sep-21
goyt 24-Sep-21
Schl4444 28-Sep-21

By: Schl44
Date:23-Sep-21

Im in West central Wisconsin. On September 1st i had 2 Soy bean plots that were hit really hard by the deer. I over seeded each plot with 3 bags of winter rye. I got a really great catch. Each plot was about 1/2 acre. My question is should i over seed again? If so how much and when should i do the over seed? Thanks for any help!

By: Schl44

Im in West central Wisconsin. On September 1st i had 2 Soy bean plots that were hit really hard by the deer. I over seeded each plot with 3 bags of winter rye. I got a really great catch. Each plot was about 1/2 acre. My question is should i over seed again? If so how much and when should i do the over seed? Thanks for any help!

It certainly won't hurt. I would add at least another 2 bags per plot as winter rye is a great plot saver and fast grower.

Depends on how well the initial seeding is doing.

Date:24-Sep-21

I would not hesitate to overseen again now. In fact, I will probably do one of my plots next week or the week after. Deer love the new growth and it really thickens up the plot. Winter rye has done very well for me and brings in the deer.

By: goyt
Date:24-Sep-21

It all depends on how much exposed soil there is. It sounds like you planted about 300#s per acre already which is on the high side. I agree with the others that it will not hurt but you may benefit more by using the time and money to fertilize.

Date:28-Sep-21

Just spread 2 more bags on each plot. Thanks for the suggestions!

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.