Habitat 12-Jun-20
BOHUNTER09 12-Jun-20
t-roy 12-Jun-20
BOHUNTER09 12-Jun-20
t-roy 12-Jun-20
t-roy 08-Nov-21

By: crowny
Date:04-Jun-20

two weeks ago I tilled my plot for planting corn. my question is can I plant the corn right after I spray for weeds or should I wait?

By: t-roy

What are you spraying?

I am spraying roundup for the weeds.

You can plant right after you spray. Roundup reacts with living plants on contact and has no residual effects.

^^^Pat X2. Is your corn Roundup ready? If so, you can spray your corn plot after the corn has emerged as well.

By: shiloh

Yes....spray after the corn has come up so it’ll shade the weeds. As long as it’s RR ready

Date:05-Jun-20

I do not have RR corn. thanks for the info I will plant right after I spray.

By: pav

Just out of curiosity, how big is your plot?

You can spray post emerge with armezon but don’t let the weeds get very big. Me-2-lachor right after planting but pre-emerged will help prevent small seeded weeds

By: JL

A FWIW observation. This year on my food garden I decided to try it without tilling. Last year after the growing season in September I mowed the garden close to the ground so the ground was packed down and the grass and weeds were cut off. So far this year, the weed growth has been minimal while the corn and other veggies are sprouting up real good. I did spray before I planted to get rid of the early weeds that did sprout but even at that, there was not the usual amount of weeds and grasses I get in the spring when I do till. I don't know if it will last but so far the no-till seems to have inhibited the weed growth for now. If it does show positive no-weed or reduced weed results, I might parlay that over to the bait plots next year and see how it does there.

i like to till - then let the weeds come up. Plant with two row planter, then spray with roundup and me-2-lachor. i usually don't have to come back and spray again.

Similar to JL, we usually work our ground for corn but no-till our beans. This year we no-tilled our corn and have had good results so far with very little weed competition because of the suppressive mat the dead weeds created. Timing is the key.

Date:08-Jun-20

pav, my corn plot is about an acre

Date:12-Jun-20

RR corn and beans are the only way to go.Much easier to spray weeds throughout the summer.

RR corn isn't even good enough here I have to plant everything liberty so I can kill weeds like marestail and pigweed

Habitat. Same situation in my area southeast Illinois

I had to go with Liberty beans here in Iowa, a couple years ago as well. The corn I’ve been using is still RR, but I’m using another post emerge herbicide on it as well. Lots easier to control pigweed/waterhemp and other broadleaves in corn than beans, though.

BOHUNTER09's embedded Photo

My plots are coming along

Looks like a non typical, Carl ;-)

Date:08-Nov-21

^^^^^I’ve been hacked!!!

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.