APauls 26-May-20
RIT 26-May-20
beemann 26-May-20
nehunter 27-May-20
wild1 27-May-20
olebuck 28-May-20

Date:20-May-20

nehunter's embedded Photo

When someone asks me what's the best Trail Camera out there? Well I'm like most of you guys. Been buying since they were Invented, 35mm to MAD Wildlife Eye. I've owned just about every manufacturer and after 20 years have settled with Browning Trail Camera. I know it's all about customer service, if you buy 12 of them it's important to have them on your side. 12 camera's and your into it for $1500. A mortgage or rent monthly payment. Well my reason for this is that Browning customer service has replaced about 5 of my camera's without charge.

This last interaction I just had is unbelievable. An Anti Hunter found my camera and bashed it to hell with a stick.

I took a shot to see if they could fix it only and salvage the insides. Well I just received a brand new one in the mail today. Not one question asked, no shipping cost, no questions asked.

I did write on the return form that an Anti Hunter bashed it to pieces.

So please look to them next time you buy a camera. Do you think Bushnell or Wildview would do this?. No way.

Cudos to the Browning Trail Camera customer service group!

I had the camera wedged so it was upright. Tree was bent when I strapped it on.

By: JohnMC

Did it get a picture of A hole that broke it?

Date:21-May-20

I’ve had great experiences with Browning as well!!!

By: JL

I'd say Browning has good customer service. Likewise so does Moultrie. I've swapped out probably 5 or 6 of them free of charge. Plus a couple of times they upgraded the old cam with the newest one they had and the 2 year warranty gets to start over. I see Browning just gives you a 1yr warranty on the replacement which I didn't know. I'm still running an old M990 from 2013-ish. I don't think you can go wrong with Browning or Moultrie.

It was on video, got everything up to the point of it getting broken. But the stick was laying on the ground. Human tracks all around the tree

By: APauls

Are any of these companies helping you when the camera is off warranty? Mine seem to outlast the 1 year warranty then conveniently everything goes squirrely. Didn't have a great experience with Moultrie myself. I have like 4 dead cameras at home that don't work in case they want to make me a believer again...

APauls... My Camera was off warranty, and it was smashed not a software/wire issue. About 5 Years ago I left no name cheap batteries in my camera all Summer. They exploded and corraoded the battery case. I sent the camera to Browning for a replacement part and they shipped a new battery case for free, and no shipping charges. I've had numerous brands and never have experienced customer service like that. I think Moultrie and Browning use the same Chinese mfg because they are very similar to parts and design.

Everyone has an opinion, and most have only bought one or two brands and they think they are the best or the worst. I'm telling you guys Browning people are TOP Notch!

BTW my favorite are the Black Dark OPS, no flash to scare Bears or Deer. My new model has two cameras, one for day time and one just for IR night.

^...the best photo quality cams IMO are homers using Sony P41's.

By: wildan
Date:22-May-20

I have four Brownings;had one fail a couple months beyond warranty and they replaced it with a new one.Great pictures and video's also.Tried many other brands,Bushnell is a close second.

I've used trail cameras less than most guys, but tried one for bears a few years ago.

The metal box I ordered hadn't come in yet so I took a chance and installed the Bushnell camera as "scent free" as I could (HA!) and in an inconspicuous spot (I thought).

Well, when I checked it a few days later, a bear had torn it off the tree and chewed on it somewhat.

I sent it in to Bushnell with a letter explaining what happened and asking if they could fix it. They too sent me a brand new one.

I have been using Bushnells for 10 years or so and have always had great service from them. I’ve had a couple that would take a lot of “ghost pictures” around dawn/dusk, where it seemed the camera couldn’t select the aperture/shutter settings, and the company replaced them no questions asked.

Most have outlived the warranty by 2-3 years, so when they eventuality failed, I just replaced them.

I’ve never used Browning, but my nephews have used them and they really like them. I actually got an email yesterday where Midway is running a special on them, so it might be a good time to try out a couple of them.

By: RIT
Date:23-May-20

I like Browning for certain set ups and the video is top notch. But those cameras make noise and alert deer especially mature deer.

Date:26-May-20
nehunter's Supporting Link

RIT - What noise are you talking about? I have 25 of them and never heard any noise from them.

Now Cuddeback has a shutter noise that is LOUD. I asked Cuddeback why the noise and they said its to stop the animal for a picture. Well I sold them as fast as I could.

The old Primos 60 I had was horrible for noise. I suspect the noise any camera makes is the shutter opening/closing. I never heard of a Browning making shutter noise...unless it is an old one or a defective one??? If I put my ear up to some of my Moultries I can hear a very, very light tick when the shutter opens. You have to be close and focused on it to hear it.

By: APauls

LOL I can hear the discussions at Cuddeback Headquarters. Customer service guy to manager: "People keep calling and complaining about noise when the camera operates." Manager: "Just tell them it's to stop the animal for a photo." lol

By: RIT

It’s the Browning Spec Ops Advantage. New in 2018 I believe and I purchased it in 2019. The video makes noise. A dozen alerted deer and a few flew out of their skin. They agree it makes noise also. I watched several deer walk around the camera once they new it was there from the noise. It could just be a defective camera maybe but it definitely makes noise. The video is HD and top notch though.

I have twenty something reconyx and never had any fails. I’d like to comment on there customer service but never needed them. Some are going on twenty years hard use. Every other camera I have tried has been returned. The brownings I had were upgraded by there excellent customer service. But they did fail within three years. In my opinion reconyx is the best I’ve used.

Date:27-May-20

beeman, I agree with you. Made in USA reconyx is the best by far. But I would rather have two or three Brownings than one roconyx. Just afraid of having someone steal a $500 camera

By: wild1
Date:27-May-20

For the past 5-10 years, Browning has been the leader in trail cameras! I'm a trail camera whore also, can never have enough. You can find a primos or bushnell that will do well, here and there, but for overall reliability, no one comes close to Browning lately.

Date:28-May-20

I'm glad you posted this! i had a browning camera that i needed to send back and you reminded me. I mailed it back yesterday....

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.