Schl44 06-Jun-19
Joey Ward 06-Jun-19
BOHUNTER09 07-Jun-19
Spike Bull 08-Jun-19
Deerplotter 08-Jun-19
drycreek 08-Jun-19

By: Schl44
Date:06-Jun-19

Finally drying up now so i can start on my plots. Can any one tell me if my cultipacker will work for leveling of my plots after i disc it? Or will i have to drag it. Thanks for any help!

Depends on the type of cultipacker you have. I have an old brillion that has a packing wheel, two rows of shanks, and another packing wheel and it does a great job of leveling ground. A single packing wheel will most likely not level the ground as much as you like.

By: t-roy

How wide is the cultipacker? If it’s wide enough, it will help some, but it’s main purpose is to firm up the seed bed. You would probably be way better off to drag it first. What are you planting?

"Depends on the type of cultipacker you have. I have an old brillion that has a packing wheel, two rows of shanks, and another packing wheel and it does a great job of leveling ground."

That would be called a cultimulcher. I have one and they do a pretty nice job. To the OP... How rocky is your soil? It's pretty amazing how rocks as small as a grapefruit can effect a cultipacker. And be careful about discing if there is still moisture in the soil. It can lead to hard pan.

Schl44's MOBILE embedded Photo

I will be planting clover plots,radish plots and soy beans. The cultipacker is 84"

Schl44's MOBILE embedded Photo

I will be planting clover plots,radish plots and soy beans. The cultipacker is 84"

I’d think a couple a passes with it should answer question.

Date:07-Jun-19

That’s a sweet looking cultipacker. I don’t think it’s going to help with leveling after disking.

Date:08-Jun-19

Test

Nope don’t think so Level it of with a drag or 3pt landscape rake

I have that exact same cultipacker, and it will not help with leveling. I use a disc and a tire drag to help with leveling. Regular pickup tires, two in front, three in back, all chained together. I have one at every property I plant on.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.