t-roy 18-Feb-21
c5ken 19-Feb-21
Stressless 21-Feb-21
c5ken 21-Feb-21
t-roy 21-Feb-21
c5ken 22-Feb-21

By: c5ken
Date:18-Feb-21

Going to frost seed Ladino clover over an existing 3ac clover food plot. How many pounds of Ladino seed should I apply per AC??

I do 5 lb/acre. You can do less on bare dirt or decent clover. Just for rehab on existing clover, 5 works for me.

By: t-roy

Depends some on your existing clover. Thin stands, I’d go a tad heavier, thicker stands, a bit less. On average, like woodstick stated, 5 lbs is a pretty good average. More than that won’t hurt a thing. Just costs a bit more. I always go a bit on the heavy side.

Date:19-Feb-21

Thanks for the info....

Date:21-Feb-21

Depends on how bad (weedy) your exiting clover is. Do you want more clover then existing weeds or do you have bare dirt where you want to thicken clover?

I tried to "rehab" frost seeding a weedy clover plot - very poor results.

If the snow is gone and not too muddy try running a light harrow over it first. Much better catch. Hit with you fav clover friendly herbicide early May.

My food plot is fairley weedy. I have a disk that doesn't dig-in very deep. Do you think running the disk over the field prior to frost seeding will work??

By: t-roy

I don’t see it hurting anything, c5ken. The only potential negative might be that you would possibly bring up some additional weed seeds.

Date:22-Feb-21

T-roy

Thanks for the info.

I think I'll try a light disking prior to frost seeding

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.