chasin wtails 13-Apr-20
Bow Crazy 20-Apr-20
skookumjt 20-Apr-20
drycreek 20-Apr-20
Pat Lefemine 20-Apr-20
DenOlano 21-Apr-20
drycreek 21-Apr-20

Date:05-Apr-20

Has anyone sent in soil samples recently and got completed results. Took samples yesterday and want to send them in but not sure they are still completing them. Sent an email yesterday asking but figured someone might have had them done recently.

Date:06-Apr-20
Bow Crazy's Supporting Link

I use Mossy Oak Biologic soil test, link included. You prepay $9, results super fast email to you if you like, accurate and easy to understand. I have using them for years, send 10 off on Friday last week. BC

Date:06-Apr-20

Thanks. Just got response back from WI. Test being completed as normal. They will get mailed today.

Date:11-Apr-20

Have had good luck with Whitetail Institute -have used for years soil tests

Date:12-Apr-20

What kind of turn around time do you usually see the test results?

Date:12-Apr-20

^^^^^Usually get an email a couple days after they get them

Date:13-Apr-20

Thanks drycreek. After I posted I saw on the BioLogic soil test kit page they say 36 hours after receiving. I have been taking mine in the past to my local fertilizer co-op but can take a bit before they get back to me with the results. I'm sure I am last on their list to call since I buy so little from them compared to the farmers.

I went ahead this afternoon and bought 4 tests from BioLogic and have my samples and paperwork all boxed and ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow.

Date:20-Apr-20

I had Biologic do 10 tests for me this spring, results emailed back to me in 5 days! Soil testing made easy is what I like - cheap, simple instructions, easy to do, fast turnaround, results easy to understand and they tell you exactly what and how much lime/fertilizer you need to put down. BC

Your local co-op should do the same thing.

Not to be argumentative, but I hear that co-op remark a lot. Some of us, those not in ag country, do not have a “co-op”. Instead, we have to use either the local extension service, good luck with that, or use WINA or MO. If you can get the government employee to answer the phone, all he knows is about pasture or timber, ‘cause that’s all there is where I live. Us deer plotters are on our on.

I'm doing all three this year. I purchased kits from WINA, MO, and I just had a county soil guy here taking samples from my Ohio fields. Will be interested to see the results from all three.

Date:21-Apr-20

Very interesting Pat, looking forward to your results. I got my results from WI back and I am surprised by one of the plot results. Really hoping they didn't mix up samples. I sent in sample from 3 different plots. Only way to know for sure is to send in another sample for the plot I have in question but I will probably just go with what they said. It changes the plan though so I hope its right.

Date:21-Apr-20

Pat, that’s interesting. I see you have trust issues :-). I’ve even thought about sending in two samples of the same plot and giving them different names. I have trust issues too ! The skinflint in me just doesn’t want to spend the extra $20......

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.