1boonr 07-Dec-19
Trophyhill 07-Dec-19
The last savage 07-Dec-19

Date:02-Dec-19
Pat Lefemine's Supporting Link

Neat!

By: JohnMC

Big balls to get in there with a chain saw with them thrashing around like they were!

I saw that, Midwest whitetail is a great follow. The power of a whitetail is absolutely incredible!!!

By: Shaft

They are tough critters! Nice work by those guys, hope the bucks survive.

By: RK

Guy was lucky that he had his cameraman and sponsor list handy when this serious problem came up. Got to love the new outdoorsman way of doing things.. never miss a marketing opportunity

I bet we set free several sets of locked up deer each year but never could coordinate the cameraman and promotion at the same time. We are such dumbasses.

By: t-roy

Very cool. Would be interesting to know if the bucks survive the season as well.

Bucks will be fine unless they die from one of the many things that kill deer. That episode did not hurt them at all

By: JL

I might of tried to hobble the bucks first before I went in with the saw.

Damn, amazing they didn't hit the bodies with the chain. Nice work!

Good job getting them separated. Bet there gonna be sore for awhile! Never seen locked bucks in person. Well done sir!

RK: you free several sets each year? Wow.

Date:03-Dec-19

Nice job by the hunters!

That's Crazy!!

Thanks for the link,

Robb

amazing. period.

By: LINK

I wouldn’t have my chainsaw handy so to get my sponsor(my wife) and let her video, when I’m home getting the saw, would be no big deal.

By: 1boonr

Rk- I call bullsheet on you freeing several locked bucks every year

Chainsaw was a bad choice. Sawzall next time gents.

Several locked bucks a year????!

By: SJJ

Sawsall yes,,,chain saw no....There is no way the one buck lived....

Didn’t know if he was going in to cut horns or cut for a shoulder mount :) jk

Obviously the chainsaw will rattle them, but I can’t see a sawzall being a heck of a lot better. Any saw vibrating their antlers is going to set them off. At least a chainsaw is a LOT faster. I think given the time to think about it, chainsaw would still be my choice. Allows you to cut for a short burst with a chance of getting through. I’m not cutting with a sawzall where I need to start a cut and hold in the same groove for 20 seconds. A lot of lungs could be punctured in that time lol. Way more dangerous in my mind. Either way, easy to judge something that’s already done, good on em for jumping into the rodeo to free them. Neat story to be able to pass down.

Using a chainsaw to collect shed antlers is a little extreme in my opinion. He he

Once saw a video of a guy using a rifle to shoot the antlers off a buck to separate them.

Cool video!!

Unbelievable power they have, hauling each other around like that.

boonr That's ok I call double dog bullsheet on your calling bullsheet on me. I guess now we have to hire a cameraman to tote around with us all season to video everything we do. mo money always mo money

RK didn’t you kinda call Bulls*** on yourself by deleting your original post? Lol

A month or so ago a local news station here in west Michigan showed a clip of a landowner separating 2 locked bucks with a power pole saw. With the pole saw he was able to keep his distance from the deer as he cut their antlers apart.

Mpauls

I never deleted anything. Only time I have ever deleted anything that I have written is when I double post. I usually go back and delete #2

Soooo I have no idea what you are talking about. BUT better yet I really dont care as the subject matter is not really very important

My bad, seemed guys’ comments illuded to you making that claim. I take that back then

By: Junior

Awesome I guess he made do with what he had handy....I wonder if long handle bolt cutter's would work?

By: GF

Most deer don’t survive the stress of a relocation, so unlikely that both will survive this... but pretty certainly neither would have made it without somebody’s help.

I would rather have them a LOT less mobile before id wade in there!

GF

Why would you think most deer won't survive relocation. That's just not true. And before you start some long response keep in mind that I have moved deer and other wild animals around for almost 40 years

By: Zbone

"Bucks will be fine unless they die from one of the many things that kill deer. That episode did not hurt them at all"

Cool video, and thanks for sharing, but not real sure about that comment... Sadly, once read years ago of biologists (I think Texas) radio tagged a bunch of locked bucks and about 70% died shortly after from the stress... Am sure it depends upon the individual deer and strength and how long they were locked but whitetails do not do well with stress...

A friend of mine videotaped an Illinois farmer separating two locked bucks with an axe. Came upon a locked pair in Iowa and the game warden and buddy said he had to do a couple every year. He’d shoot a horn off with his shotgun. I didn’t have to do anything as all of the sudden they just came apart. Vicious battle

By: 1boonr
Date:07-Dec-19

I relocate several hundred locked deer per year

I move deer around every year too. problem is it's usually when I get busted by does and the herds take off.....

Wow. What moronic posts... ok ill say it...good job to the dude that has some nuts... not keyboard nuts....real ones...

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.