DIY 07-Aug-19
dm/wolfskin 07-Aug-19
dm/wolfskin 07-Aug-19
Osceola 07-Aug-19
dm/wolfskin 08-Aug-19
dizzydctr 08-Aug-19
dm/wolfskin 08-Aug-19

Date:03-Aug-19

I’m looking to spray Clethodim on my clover plot soon. I know I need either crop oil or a surfactant added with it. Which do I use, and how are they different?

Dawg,

I have used both, and Dawn dishwashing soap and cannot say which works best. RU typically has surfactant in it nowadays, but for my specialty herbicides like what you are using I purchased surfactant at TSC because it was available when I purchased Remedy Ultra there to spray serecia in my NG.

Good luck.

I have good luck just using any cheap liquid detergent. All it does is help the herbicide stick to the target.

By: pav
Date:04-Aug-19

Used dish soap for years and it did the trick, but got tired of cleaning foam out of the tank. Switched to bean oil from the local ag store instead. Ran about $25 for a 2-1/2 gallon jug on sale and a jug would last us 2+ years.

Not much need for either today. The Imitator Plus Gly we use has surfactant added. Switched to Imox this year for grass and broadleaf weed control. It is recommended to apply Imox with Nitro-Surf...which also has the surfactant added.

Thanks! It sounds like it doesn’t matter what I use. FWIW, I’ll be spraying Clethodim and Basagran.

Thanks! It sounds like it doesn’t matter what I use.

Date:06-Aug-19

It's hard to find straight cleth around here so I use volunteer and it works good

By: DIY
Date:07-Aug-19

I use this with Cleth and get good results.

https://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=355&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplp355&sc_intid=355&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1bHgtYnw4wIViZ-fCh0dHwnyEAQYASABEgLdkfD_BwE

Read the label.

o restore deleted text and incorrect rates 11 17 2014 Page 7 of 58 7 ADDITION OF ADJUVANT OR CROP OIL CONCENTRATE CROP ADJUVANT Alfalfa, Cotton, Dry Bean & Pea (shelled), Edible Podded Legume Vegetables, Peanuts (including perennial), Potato, Soybeans, Succulent Bean & Pea (shelled), Sugar Beet and Sunflower Always use a crop oil concentrate* at 1.0 qt./A by ground or 1 % v/v (but not less than 1 pt./A) in the finished spray volume by air. 1 to 2 qts./A of liquid fertilizer (10-34-0, 28%N or 32%N), or an equivalent amount (2.5 to 4.0 lbs./A) of spray grade ammonium sulfate (AMS) may be added to CLETHODIM 2 EC HERBICIDE applications, in addition to the specified rate of crop oil concentrate. The addition of AMS has shown improved grass control for difficult to control species including: quackgrass, rhizome Johnsongrass, red rice, wild oats, volunteer cereals, and volunteer corn. Artichoke (Globe), Asparagus, Bushberry, Caneberry, Canola, Carrot, Clover, Cranberry, Cucurbits, Flax, Fruiting Vegetables (except Tomato), Garden Beet, Garlic, Head & Stem Brassica Vegetables, Herbs, Hops, Leaf Petioles, Leafy Brassica Greens, Leafy Greens, Mint, Mustard Seed, Onions (Dry Bulb & Green), Peaches, Root Vegetables, Safflower, Sesame, Shallots (Dry Bulb & Green), Strawberry, Sweet Potato (Yam & other Tuberous and Corm Vegetables except Potato) and Tomato Always use a crop oil concentrate at 1% v/v in the finished spray volume unless tank mix instructions indicate otherwise. Do not add liquid fertilizer for these crops. Non-Bearing Food Crops, Ornamental Plants Add a non-ionic surfactant containing at least 80% active ingredient at the rate of 1 pt. per 50 gals. (0.25% v/v). Do not use crop oil concentrate since it may injure flowers and foliage. Conifer Trees, Fallow Land (and other non-producing agricultural areas), and Non-Crop or Non-planted Areas Always use a crop oil concentrate containing at least 15% emulsifier at 1% v/v (but not less than 1 pt./A) in the finished spray volume. *Acceptable crop oil concentrates would be those which contain a minimum of 80% oils and 15% emulsifier. A

What, what?

Now I get it...The label on my jug says "NIS Premium Nonionic Surfactant." I read that jug label several times and I am like how does reading that help???

dm/wolfskin, I have one question regarding the above. Why would they not not print the stuff in English? What language is that anyway?

Think happy thoughts...

Date:08-Aug-19

Government regulated.

I read the label and follow the instructions, adding crop oil concentrate, AMS, and/or non ionic surfactant depending on the crop to be sprayed. Crop oil and non ionic surfactant are not the same adjunts and some crops will call for one over the other, or recommend none at all. Same with ammonium sulfate as a water conditioner; most often I add it but not over clover. The label can be confusing at times but is the best resource to guide the herbicide concoction.

You leave it out and your results will be nothing or just a little kill of the weeds. Surfactant by itself will burn the leaves.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.