Tallyhills 26-Sep-18
Bill Obeid 26-Sep-18
flyingbrass 26-Sep-18
Drop Tine 28-Sep-18
Drop Tine 28-Sep-18
Drop Tine 28-Sep-18
Hunt98 29-Sep-18

Date:26-Sep-18

Working on a couple small plots in the woods. Less than 1/4 acre each. I'd prefer to use a 4-wheeler disk. I have Honda Foreman ATV. Any recommendations for a 4- wheeler disk? Also - I'd like to hear a recommendation on push broadcast spreader for seed / fertilizer. Thanks

I absolutely love my Kunz TillEase model 541. I’m turning over rocky soil. If you’re in sandy or loamy soil down there in Mississippi , all the better . I use a Honda Rubicon. 1/4-1/2 acre plots are no problem Go online and check it out.

I know the answer to this one. Don't go that route. I bought a used gray market Yanmar 2000 tractor for $2,300 and split it with my friend. We bought a used 4 foot bushhog that was like new for 400 and a new 4' disk for $375. So basically we had $1500 each in a good tractor. We kept it about 12 years and only replaced the filters/fluid and fuel filter. I bought him out later and gave him back his $1500. Yes it was 2wd anon bucket but we were poor but with that tractor we were richer than all our friends who wanted a food plot tractor. I sold it and bought a Kubota L2350 4dw without a bucket. Then last year I sold it and bought a Kubota L2800 4wd with a bucket.

Don't waste your money on atv implements. You can thank me later. Take the same money and get a gray market import tractor or what ever you can afford. Most hunters can afford a $1,500 investment especially if you figure we had it 12 years, he got his money back and I kept it after that and still got all my money back and finally this year the new owner replaced a front tire.

Tractors just don't lose value like other items. If you get a tractor your plots will be bigger and better. And don't say you can't afford it, if money is the issue get 3 partners or 4.

Date:28-Sep-18

I used a plotmaster this year to open up new ground. It took several passes, but it did do a good job. I agree on a compact 4x4 tractor being ideal for food plotting. But if your like me and already have the ATV then use what you have.

Drop Tine's MOBILE embedded Photo

For some reason the photo didn’t attach.

Drop Tine's MOBILE embedded Photo

By: Hunt98
Date:29-Sep-18

I have three, 1 acre plots that I’ve been using a atv disk (Tuffline) for the last 6 years and it works perfectly fine for me. I can adjust the depth and the angle (aggressive or not) of the disk.

I bought it off of Graigslist for $400. It sits outside year. Grease up the three zerks berfore and after I use it.

I live two hours from my property with no indoor for a tractor storage there or at my house. But the atv fits nicely in my garage at home. I also use my atv for other things that a tractor would be impracticable.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.