Messages posted to thread:
bigcountry 16-May-18
Michael Schwister 17-May-18
bfisherman11 18-May-18
bigcountry 21-May-18
SJJ 15-Jun-18
lewis 15-Jun-18

Date:16-May-18

HI everyone. New to food plot construction. My crops are just popping out of the ground here in MA and my question is, What type of weed/grass control can I use on the plot now that it starting to come up without harming crop? I have Corn, Chufa, Purple Top turnips and a Clover/Alpha alpha mix. I appreciate all your input folks....

Date:17-May-18

If you have seperate plots of each you have options to meet the requirements for each situation. Broadleaf weeds in corn? 2-4D Flexor is an option. Grass weeds in legumes? Cleth (arrow)broad leaf weeds in clover? 2,4-DB (Butrac). If everything is mixed your only options were pre-emerge herbicides, so walk around with a hoe like my grandfather did

Date:18-May-18

In my Chicory clover plots my best method of weed control is to mow. I have tried weed killer but mowing about 3-4 times a season is best.

Bill

Date:21-May-18

You guys are great....Fantastic info for this rookie planter of the crops....lol..

By: SJJ
Date:15-Jun-18

For general control during spring/summer prior to Brassicas...Round up? Also, are there opinions on the better (non-battery) back pack sprayer?

By: lewis
Date:15-Jun-18

Pa t you can use poast or clethodim and butrac in your chufa j. Thanks don’t use basagram I’ve been doing it for years not trying to hijack the thread Lewis

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.