t-roy 11-May-18
MK111 11-May-18
drycreek 11-May-18
flyingbrass 11-May-18
drycreek 13-May-18
flyingbrass 13-May-18

Date:11-May-18

drycreek's MOBILE embedded Photo

One week ago yesterday I planted close to three acres in IC peas and Real World beans. The hogs attacked immediately in one plot and although I planted heavy, I really didn't know if I would have a good stand. We have had more and more hogs in the last two years and control is impossible. A buddy and I try to ambush them nearly every weekend using night vision on 6.8 SPC rifles. We are up to 22 for the year and ain't made a dent in them.

The plot I expected them to hit, they didn't, so I have a good yardstick for reference as to how many seeds they were able to eat. The first pic is the one they hit.

This is the plot they left alone. Granted, this plot is a little smaller than the other, but I used less seed also. Same exact method of planting.

This bastard was scarfing up seed at daylight last Saturday morning. His partner got away but he hung around a few seconds too long.....

Picture of my bean plot after planting. They were very few beans sprouted as of yesterday, but I guess they don't sprout as quickly as the peas do.

By: Fuzz

Plots are looking good! Sure glad I don't have to contend with hogs up here in Michigan. There are a few scattered pockets of them but none within an hour or so.

By: t-roy

I’m with fuzz! The pigweed up here is a bitch, but I’ll take it any day over actual hogs.

Good luck with your plots, Don!

By: MK111

Looking good. You ever invite someone down to shoot hogs?

So far I haven’t because they used to be so inconsistent. It’s getting to where we see hogs about 75% of sits now, but almost always from 8/9 o’clock until midnight, which is about all I can stand. My lids be getting pretty heavy by then. Sometimes they show after we’ve given up. The hog pictured is the only one we saw besides his partner.

electric fence! double electric fence

Date:13-May-18

Well, I sprayed my clover today and discovered that the hogs did indeed eat most of my bean seed in one plot. I forgot to get a picture of it but I did get one of my bottom plot. Lots of beans coming in there. Notice the crawfish mounds in the background. To say this plot gets wet in witnter is an understatement, but it sure performs in our hot summers.

Date:13-May-18
flyingbrass's Supporting Link

this will take care of your hog problems, this guy lives about an hour and a half away from me and makes a great hog trap. $899 I think. By the time you figure in travel time, corn and everything it pays to have a good trap.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.