Bowman 27-Dec-17
kauaihunta 27-Dec-17
kauaihunta 27-Dec-17
Osceola 28-Dec-17
Osceola 28-Dec-17
Bow Crazy 04-Jan-18
Bowman 11-Jan-18

Date:25-Dec-17

Good evening........I plan on planting sunn hemp this spring. I'm going to be broadcasting the seed. I plan on discing, cultipacking, then spreading seed and cultipacking again. Should I do it this way or lightly disc the seed in? Thanks in advance.

Date:26-Dec-17

I don't know how big the seeds are, but as I'm planning to plant some also, this is of interest to me too.

I broadcast all my seeds, and the large ones I plant the following way: Disc under all vegetation after gly treatment. Drag the plot smooth. Set disc blades to barely angle. This cuts shallow grooves in your smooth plot. Broadcast seed and fertilizer. Drag plot and cultipack.

All can say is the deer sure as he'll ate up my hemp crop a few times,,so I'm positive that deer love it....wink

Can you make rope from hemp?

Appreciate the advice. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

By: Bowman
Date:27-Dec-17

Here is some info. Do not plant to early. http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/local-sports/2017/06/gerald-almy-sunn-hemp-great-new-food-plot-seed/

Thanks for the info.

Appreciate the advice. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Date:28-Dec-17

I have considered Hemp, but read somewhere the stalks left over do not deteriorate quickly. I am afraid that my small equipment (45 horse tractor and 8 foot disk) will not be able to adequately till the field the following year.

Can someone who has planted it give me any advice regarding whether it is difficult to till the following year?

Date:28-Dec-17

I have considered Hemp, but read somewhere the stalks left over do not deteriorate quickly. I am afraid that my small equipment (45 horse tractor and 8 foot disk) will not be able to adequately till the field the following year.

Can someone who has planted it give me any advice regarding whether it is difficult to till the following year?

Date:04-Jan-18
Bow Crazy's Supporting Link

An article from QDMA about Sun Hemp. BC

By: Bowman
Date:11-Jan-18

I would not cultipack before broadcasting seed.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.