BOHUNTER09 24-Oct-17
BOHUNTER09 24-Oct-17
spike78 24-Oct-17
chasin wtails 24-Oct-17
IKE220 24-Oct-17
spike78 24-Oct-17
IKE220 24-Oct-17

Date:24-Oct-17

After reading Pat's review of the Moultrie mobile system a few months ago, I decided that this might work well on my hunting property 30 miles from my house. My main goal was to be able to check my trail cameras without driving to that farm. I purchased the Mobile Modem and an M40 camera direct from Moultrie along with locking boxes for each. I chose the M 40 because I was putting the system on a 1/2 acre clover plot. the M 40 has a 100 foot detection range which makes it good for this application. My experience has exceeded my expectations. I am getting 5-10 photos per day. I have the system set to transmit once per day. The quality of the daytime photos is really good, and the night time photos are good. As expected, nighttime quality decreases the further the deer are from the camera. I think the M 40 is picking up deer well beyond the advertised distance. I set up the system September 16, and the camera batteries are still at 97% while the modem batteries are at 67%. I am using energizer alkaline batteries. I get very few phantom photos. I have called Moultrie tech services once during set up to get my data plan going, They were very helpful. t Overall I find this to be a very good system and is meeting my needs.

By: t-roy

What are your costs for the system and rates on the services?

Cost through Moultrie was $150 for the modem, and $150 for the M 40camera. Regular list on the Modem is $200. I don't know if they still have it on special or not. You can use most Moultrie cameras from 2015 onward. They have a list of compatible cameras on their website. I think the lock boxes were about $40. I really like that you can check the batteries from the app, and change camera settings as well. I use their mobile app from my I phone. My experience with service was positive. They got me going really quickly.

The data plan I have costs about 15 per month. I can put that in inactive status for $5 per months for the times I don't need it. They have multiple plans available

Are you able to run the service for say 6 months out of the year and pay nothing the other 6?

I have 2 mobile units. Been running one since around August 1st and the other in early Sept. I am using them with M-880 (2015 model). I can honestly say that I have not had any issues with mine. I have helped 2 other friends set theirs up because they had issues but that was because they didn't read the instructions very closely.

I have one that in the 30% signal strength but it fluctuates I am assuming by the weather or something. I bought a 6 foot cable so I can hang the mobile unit higher in the tree and try for better signal strength. It helped a little bit.

spike78 they have as bowhunter09 referenced an inactive status for $5/month. I don't know what would happen if you disabled it so you don't pay the $5/month. I have both on the $9.95/month plan.

By: IKE220

I am pleased with my Moultrie Modem, I also am using a Moultrie solar panel to keep everything charged. You install batteries and plug in the solar panel it has kept everything charged since July. The plan I chose was $9.95.

What does $9.95 get you?

By: IKE220

It gets you 38MB for the month or approximately 300 pictures.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.