Messages posted to thread:
Tennessee_RTS 17-Oct-17
Ollie 17-Oct-17
drycreek 17-Oct-17
Killbuck 17-Oct-17
flyingbrass 17-Oct-17
Killbuck 18-Oct-17

Date:17-Oct-17

I have a clover (White and Red) with Chicory mix perennial food plot. I'm looking for a way to kill the grass and weeds but NOT the clover and chicory. I've read Max Arrest works but that crap is expensive. Suggestions would be much appreciated. Mowing isn't really an option....maybe once a year with a bush hog.

On another note, I'm also planting an alfalfa plot at another location....same question. Best way to kill grass and weeds?

Thanks, RTS

By: Ollie

Clethodim is popular for killing grass weeds and is the active ingredient in Max Arrest. Max Arrest is selling on Amazon for $40 per pint. Dakota herbicide can be purchased online from Keystone Pesticides for $58 per gallon. You pay a lot of markup for a picture of a deer on the bottle! Butyrac (2,4-DB) is recommended for killing broadleaf weeds in clover. It will likely kill the chicory however! Also available at Keystone. Please note that 2,4-DB is NOT the same as 2,4-D which will likely kill your clover.

Ollie is right. Cleth for grass, but if you have chicory, I would just mow for weeds. I find the best way to keep weeds out of a plot is to choke them out with whatever you're growing for the deer, and remember, a few weeds won't hurt.

Raptor will do what you want but they don't give that away either. Comcast is the same thing but cheaper but hard to find.

clethodim will kill the grass. butyrac 24db for broadleaf will clean up you clover for broadleaf. its cheaper to just replant the hickory I think. I read on here that keystonepestsolutions recommended Clearcast that will not hurt either but it's $99 a quart so I've not tried it. maybe just cheaper to add back the chickory

Date:18-Oct-17

You're right Clearcast not Comcast. Sorry

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.