MK111 09-Sep-17
Habitat for Wildlife 10-Sep-17
drycreek 11-Sep-17
drycreek 11-Sep-17
drycreek 11-Sep-17
drycreek 11-Sep-17

Date:07-Sep-17

drycreek's MOBILE embedded Photo

Well, it's time once more to get seed in the ground in Texas. I know everyone is aware that Harvey dumped a bunch of water on parts of the state, but very little of that got to me. Soooo, I'm planting in dry ground with no rain in the ten day forecast. I've planted in powder before with no problems, but I'd rather at least have hope for a rain. Nevertheless, I've got four places to plant so I got started last Friday. I disced up four plots on my home place where my son and I hunt. We planted wheat in his plots Saturday. Three plots were his, as I only hunt one bow blind about 300 yards from my back door. For my plot, I chose Granpa Ray's Inner Sanctum. I'm anxious to see what it does.

drycreek's embedded Photo

Next, I went to a 350+- ac. lease that's about 30 minutes from home. Three plots on this place about as far from each other as you can get. By myself, I had to disc all plots, then come back to the truck for fertilizer and seed, one trip for each plot, then drag all the plots down. Started at 7:00 am and got home after 6:00 pm. I was beat ! Planted wheat and Austrian winter peas.

Plant in the dust, the bins will bust. Plant in the mud, crops a dud. Your looking good.

drycreek's embedded Photo

I should post a picture of my blind I guess. I'm not quite through with the camo job yet, I'll put a couple cedars each side of the front window and dig a post hole to put them in. With a little moisture, they will stay green for a while.

By: t-roy

What did you use for the roof?

Date:08-Sep-17

Troy, the top is a commercially made top by RealBark Hunting Systems. I know the owner because I did a bunch of dirt work for him. The tops I bought were blems but they suited me just fine. They're domed and keep the blind dry. He makes the very best tripods I've ever seen but they're expensive. Still, I own four of them, traded work for two of them though. I can't post pics where I am, not enough signal, but I'll post some more inside pics when I get back home. I'm deer farming on my place this weekend !

By: MK111
Date:09-Sep-17

Looks great and good luck.

Date:10-Sep-17

It does look great!

Date:11-Sep-17

Ok, here are a couple more blind pics. The entire blind is covered with I/O carpet, including the door.

Here's another on my other place that sits on the ground. Next year, it will be on a short platform also, just so much better to not have to dodge ground crawlers at daylight minus ! :-)

A little tip for those of you that might hunt out of popups and leave them out all season. Hang an ear tag that's designed to keep flies off cattle in your blind. It will keep spiders and other creepy-crawlies out. Buy them at TSC.

Bear with me folks. The pic was too dark, I lightened it up.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.