Buffalo1 27-May-17
SouthernILbowhunter 27-May-17
Teeton 28-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 29-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 29-May-17
Bowhuntingboy 29-May-17
sticksender 29-May-17

Date:23-May-17

I found the cheapest seed I have ever seen. Albert lea seed, look at their entire catalog

Just one piece of advice. Check the weed seed count on the tag. I bought some generic soybeans once that had weeds from hell in them. It took two years of RR beans to ALMOST rid myself of that mistake. YMMV

These guys sell to farmers. They look pretty good.

Albert Lea seed no longer sells RR soybeans or RR corn. Conventional and Organic only.

Date:24-May-17

cheap seed can be cheap seed.I know that company pretty well. Here is my advise to cheap seed shoppers.

get a seed tag before buying anything make sure there is inoculants on the perennials if your buying them or the seed isn't as "cheap" What expertise do you get when you buy cheap seed and something goes wrong? They gonna stand behind it and make it right with you?

By: MK111
Date:24-May-17

I went a cheaper seed one year and just what I got. About nothing. I've been known to be cheap, I prefer fugal. But now when it comes to seed I buy top shelf. Seed only grows once per year and if it doesn't grow you have next to nothing until next year. I don't take chances anymore.

Date:27-May-17

If you want good seeds with good customer service, talk to John at Grandpa Ray's Outdoors. He is a sponsor on this site and a wealth of knowledge in the industry.

You get what you pay for and sometimes you get more than you wanted.

They are cheap for a reason. Buyer Beware !!

another seed advertisement.............

By: Teeton
Date:28-May-17

I've been getting my seed from Welter Seed and Honey for years. Never a problem. I love researching out plant characteristics and picking my seed. Kinda like planning a diy hunt. I get a lot of satisfaction this way. Ed

Date:29-May-17

Actually just discovered them. Welter is also cheap when I look at it, but albert lea is closer to me.

Also, you telll me many times to buy from a co op and this place supplies many co ops.

Naming my plots the green mile, just thought of that name. Am planting soybeans and field peas in june, turnips and oats in fall.

Some types of seed you can definitely get away with cheaper brands and types. Like with oats for an example. I've used whole oats (intended as feed) which sell for roughly 10.00 per 50# bag and gotten excellent germination and a beautiful stand of oats that the local deer mowed down with relish. And also grain rye....my local co-op sells "Winter Rye" for about 20.00 per 50# bag that works great. Beyond that, in trying to save money on more sophisticated stuff, it might help to become friends with a wholesaler who orders quality seed in bulk.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.