Food Plots
Messages posted to thread:
Cdogger 14-May-17
RTJ1980 14-May-17
chasin wtails 14-May-17
drycreek 14-May-17
nutritionist 14-May-17

Date:14-May-17

Can anyone recommend a soil test kit that is accurate/reliable? Co-op charged me $40 for last test I had done. And it took 2 weeks to get back. Figured there had to be a better way. Anyone? Thanks.

$40 does sound like a lot of money. Our local extension office charges $25 per sample, but our local co-op charges $10. Dropped 12 off yesterday and they will be done by the end of the day Monday. Grandpa Ray's Outdoors (handle = nutritionist) a bow site sponsor charges $10 for a simple test and $17 for a complete package. I am not sure what the turn time is on the samples.

I took mine soil samples to where I get my bulk fertilizer from and I think last year was $6.50 or $7.50 a sample. Have not got my bill this year to confirm.

All county extensions are not created equal , that's why I use Whitetail Institute They know it's for a specific food plot crop and will recommend fertilizer accordingly, and will email results in just a few days. $15 a pop, but I don't do enough to make it that expensive, besides that, it pales in comparison to all the other deer hunting expenses.

i offer soil tests for $10 a sample. You can order then online at www.grandparayoutdoors.com

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.