Bowhuntingboy 19-Apr-17
drycreek 19-Apr-17
Habitat1 19-Apr-17
r-man 19-Apr-17
flyingbrass 19-Apr-17
fastfoodplots 21-Apr-17
Bowhuntingboy 21-Apr-17

Date:18-Apr-17

Hi, we are looking for a 3 pt disc for our 24 hp kubota tractor. We are going to be doing a one acre plot. We would like to pay less than 400 dollars for anything less than 6 ft but greater than tiny. Any reccomendations? Anything other than a tiller that can do the same job as a disc? Thanks

I would think anything more than a 4' disc would be too much for a 24 hp tractor. I use a 6' Land Pride, which is pretty heavy, and I can get in soils that make my 57 hp Kubota spin a wheel occasionally. If you have front wheel assist, you might get by with bigger. Kinda depends on your soils and how deep you want to disc.

4 foot is what I would like. Any reccomendations?

By: t-roy

Have you checked your local farm supply store? They usually carry what you're looking for. King Kutter and Woods are 2 pretty good brands.

Date:19-Apr-17

Are king kutter available for a 3 pt hitch?

By: wilbur
wilbur's Supporting Link

Check ebay and craigslist there is a bunch listed.

Back when I used to have only a tiny tractor like that (JD 25 hp) I used a 5-foot JD 3-pt disc. Worked ok, but I had to load it down with weight to get it to bite into the soil at all. Biggest downfall of those small cheap lightweight discs is the lack of sealed bearings. Constantly need to be re-packed with grease and they still wear out fast. The answer, for me, was a bigger tractor, which handles a bigger, better-built disc.

Well, it is a diesel tractor with a pto, so it is pretty powerful.

I have a Land Pride. It's pretty heavy-duty, and does a good job. I had two more before that, one used, one new, and they didn't last too long. A good heavy-duty disc should last for years just food plotting.

There are many different brands, Tractor Supply has some mid-weight discs, and tractor dealers usually have discs, but I would peruse the internet and research brands before I bought. Pay attention to weight, if they're too light, they won't last. Good luck !

It is still low HP,I haven't used my disc in several years.It's either a tiller or no till

By: r-man

I plow with a craftsman mower , 26-7hp , 48" , if it was diesel I could pull a lot more. Check out northertool.com

4 foot is what I've pulled with my 23hp, another 23 hp and a 28 hp. great fit!

Date:21-Apr-17

Where are you located? I have a 3 pt. 6ft set of discs I'm looking to get rid of.

Date:21-Apr-17

Not near Pennsylvania

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.