Habitat for Wildlife 14-Apr-17
flyingbrass 14-Apr-17
Bowhunter 15-Apr-17
BOX CALL 15-Apr-17
BullBuster 09-May-17
Mark Watkins 09-May-17
chasin wtails 09-May-17

Date:14-Apr-17

I'm planting a 1-acre food plot of clover and chicory I had a soil test done and my soil pH is at 6.0 how much lime should I put on one acre

If you stated you were going to plant clover, my experience is that the soil test will make a recommendation. Again, with my limited knowledge different soil types will require different amounts to get the pH raised to 7 from where you are at. 6 is not that bad really. Good luck!

you asking about fertalizer or lime?

Date:15-Apr-17

I'm sorry I meant lime

Date:15-Apr-17

Wclover is good at building soil,and serves two purpose,as feed source and building nitrogen.

Date:09-May-17

At pH 5.4, they recommended ton per acre for me, so at 6.0 you are probably good with 1/2 ton as Pat stated.

Another option is to buy PEL lime in a 40LB bag...for one acre, you will need about 240lbs.

It is very easy to spread via hand held bag spreader and PEL lime is faster acting than Ag lime but generally will not last as long in the soil.

A 40 LB bag of PEL lime is about $6.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Mark W--

They are handing it to you up there if it is selling for $6/bag. Can usually find pell lime in IL on sale for $3/bag at Farm and Fleet, Rural King.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.