Swampbuck 03-Feb-17
Bowriter 03-Feb-17
RIT 03-Feb-17
RIT 03-Feb-17
Bowman 04-Feb-17
Bowman 04-Feb-17

By: Bowman
Date:03-Feb-17

What is the best way to clear regrowth from a food plot and in a new site? I left it in because I read about "structure". I do not think that is such a good idea now. Can I pull them out with a chain and the bucket?

What is the best way to remove tree stumps? I have removed trees from one plot in particular, have more trees to cut in that same plot also in another and have other stumps on trails.

I have a B2620 Kubota and a brush hog.

Thanks in advance.

That tractor is small for a job like that. Use a dozer, rent one if you have to. It will save you a lot of time, plus they're fun, J

X2 Swampbuck. 9/10 times you'll save money in the longrun. Only thing I would add is, is feasible, burn the piles where you plan to plant.

By: RIT

Bowriter you might confuse some young food plotting camera using hunters like myself. A few days back it was about woodsmanship and now you are acknowledging the use of a dozer in a food plot you have never planted.

Bowman the structure doesn't have to be in the form of stumps it can be clusters of trees. I like to compartmentalize bigger non-destination food plots.

By: RIT

RIT's embedded Photo

Here is a 3/4 acre plot I put in where I left some tree clusters and the edges block lines of site for cruising bucks.

Date:04-Feb-17

Thanks for the help so far. I don't know if this will hep, but I posted Food Plot Pictures Dec 28 on the food plot forum. The planned trees to remove will be in the Sorghum field and the middle of the Far Field. Some of the regrowth is shown in the CJ field. This is a small 1/8 acre field on a ridge on top of the CJ Hill.

FWIW, the trail cam Sorghum field pictures show my neighbor's property before and after he had it timbered this fall.

Date:04-Feb-17

Thanks for the help so far. I don't know if this will hep, but I posted Food Plot Pictures Dec 28 on the food plot forum. The planned trees to remove will be in the Sorghum field and the middle of the Far Field. Some of the regrowth is shown in the CJ field. This is a small 1/8 acre field on a ridge on top of the CJ Hill.

FWIW, the trail cam Sorghum field pictures show my neighbor's property before and after he had it timbered this fall.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.