x-man 08-Sep-16
GF 08-Sep-16
Bullshooter 10-Sep-16
SJJ 13-Sep-16
Badlands 13-Sep-16

By: Geno
Date:08-Sep-16

Geno's embedded Photo

Does anyone know what kind of worm this is? I'm thinking maybe a type of army worm but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. I saw about a dozen of them while walking through my quarter acre good plot.

By: KJC

Spiny elm caterpillar.

Talking about caterpillars, I was stabbed by a spine off a caterpillar in July and found out the caterpillar was poisonous. Swelled by hand right up.

I had to pull one of those black hairs (spines) out of my finger.

By: Geno

Thanks KJC. Ouch spike, that doesn't sound good at all. Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure and steer clear of them. Any ideas on getting rid of them or will they not cause too much damage?

By: x-man

These are the guys that turn into those dark colored butterflies with the light almost white bands around their wings. They are almost everywhere around here.

By: GF

Rool o' Thumm - avoid touching anything that flashy... And generally speaking, anything spiky or hairy on an insect is there to keep it from being eaten, so if you don't know exactly what it is, give it room.

There's one REALLY fuzzy caterpillar... Can't recall the name... But I read about 'em somewhere... They'll ruin your whole day. For about a week. Glad we don't have 'em around here.

Date:10-Sep-16

Buck moth caterpillars will light you up pretty good. Hate em

By: SJJ
Date:13-Sep-16

SJJ's embedded Photo

just cool...

Date:13-Sep-16

When I was a kid we were playing capture the flag in the woods somewhere on the Mogollon Rim in AZ at a family reunion. I hung my coat on a tree because I got hot and went back to get it an hour later. A caterpillar of some kind crawled into my sleeve and I didn't know it. It rolled around in my sleeve for quite a while and got crushed. My arm started to itch and I took my coat off and discovered the caterpillar all crushed and hairless. My left arm swelled up like a balloon and I was covered in hives. an overdose of benadryl and about 24 hours later I was back to normal.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.