Game Cameras
Messages posted to thread:
No Mercy 25-Aug-16
MK111 25-Aug-16
spike78 25-Aug-16
r-man 25-Aug-16
r-man 25-Aug-16

Date:25-Aug-16

Just a general question- how many of you use this feature?

By: MK111

I use the Plot Watcher on my food plot year around and find it a big asset finding what's visiting the plot and when. I get 3-5 months of 8 AAA battery use set at 10 second timing. The camera only works in daylight. As far as checking the day chip time in 5X speed I can watch 12 hrs in about 2 minutes. Then If I see anything I can stop and review. My view is 15 yds to 120-150 yds and at the longer distance a deer will be about the size of a big dog. Increasing the size only makes it worse as it gets too grainy. When I get my new food plot done this winter I will buy a second Plot watcher and set it up there. Wouldn't be without one for 3 seasons now.

I like 5 second timing for the simple reason that had I had longer time I would have definitely missed deer walking in a line especially in a batcholar group of bucks. I'd rather hit the button on the computer to pass by pics than miss a big buck that I may never have walk in front of the camera again. Like Pat said it does run your batteries down faster however here in the Northeast it's not like I'm getting a thousand pics when I go to check it. Here 150 in a couple weeks may be the norm.

By: r-man

I got 450 plus some nights, my format is easy to screen pics though, sure drain battery fast

By: r-man

r-man's embedded Photo

this pic 442 , screen them carefully

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.