tommyyboyy05 28-Jun-16
RutnStrut 28-Jun-16
tommyyboyy05 28-Jun-16
DenOlano 28-Jun-16
tommyyboyy05 28-Jun-16
tommyyboyy05 28-Jun-16
Zap 28-Jun-16

Date:28-Jun-16

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience using a groundhog max atv disc plow. I know you're gonna say I should use a tractor instead, however I just bought a honda foreman so I'm not looking at getting a tractor at this point. I just want to know if anyone has had any major issues with the groundhog max outside of bending the hitch receiver. Thanks!

By: Zap

I own a groundhog max unit. It works fine but you will need to weld supports to keep the hitch from bending. It really pounds the rear end of the atv.

Yeah that's what I've been hearing. Besides that you haven't had any other issues with it effecting your atv?

Zap. is that the hitch supplied with the unit that you are talking about. I have used a Groundhog Max. I have an aftermarket receiver on my Rubicon and had no problems. The guy I borrowed the GHM from uses it a lot with his Polaris with factory receiver and has no problems. It is a great disc for what it is, and I will be getting one before next spring.

Did your Polaris come with a 2" receiver? I was also looking at a Polaris sportsman 570, but they come stock with a 1.25"

I have used it with my Ranger 570 and it bent my receiver. Problem is it fits too loose in the receiver and when you hit some hard spots/rocks it rises in the receiver and slams it top and bottom. Granted these fields have not been turned over in years I am sure but I was not prepared for the amount of impact it had on the receiver. When relatively softer ground it works great.

Did you reinforce your receiver at all before using the GHM? Or did you just use it with your stock receiver?

Also, would you guys recommend a solid rear axle when pulling the groundhog max? Or would independent rear suspension work fine? Thanks!

By: Zap

The hitch that came with GHM needed to have brackets welded to it . Our Suzuki hitch support is not strong enough. Don't know about solid axle vs independent suspension. Ours is solid and pretty rough riding. we use it for remote plot work onl- everything else is done with a tractor.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.