Mad Trapper 28-Jun-16
Mark Watkins 29-Jun-16
JusPassin 29-Jun-16
MK111 29-Jun-16
Medicinemann 29-Jun-16
Mark Watkins 30-Jun-16

By: SteveB
Date:27-Jun-16

Thanks Pat, been wondering about this one. Thanks for the review.

By: r-man

$ how much , and was there good battery life, picture qual ,

That is a pretty amazing camera and a lot cheaper than I expected it to be. I will definitely be picking one up, can't wait to try it out.

By: MK111

Great review. I've been using the Moultrie 150i for 2 seasons and well pleased with the pictures. Don't like the cut in half moving deer pictures when the lens moved from one view to the next . Plus our Dist. has it in stock.

Date:28-Jun-16

I have a couple of older Moultries and my biggest gripe with them was trigger speed. It probably doesn't matter much with a panoramic camera as you are probably going to be watching field edges with it as opposed to putting it on trails. I would like to see somebody do an honest head to head comparison of camera trigger speeds. I haven't bought any trail cameras for a couple of years, so I suspect that manufacturers have improved trigger speeds so that the discrepancies in trigger speeds from manufacturer to manufacturer are no longer that great.

Date:29-Jun-16

Tom, Trigger speeds have improved significantly in the last few years....some of the "mainstream cameras" are down in the .2 second range (with a reasonably fast recovery time as well).

I like that this panoramic Moultrie will do both "plot watch" and trail mode at the same time. I have a pinchpoint of sorts on my alfalfa that takes two cameras....perfect application for this new camera.

Mark

OK, ya got me? I will put out a camera once and a great while but am admittedly not a "serious" user.

When I do put one out all I really care about is whether I'm seeing bucks, does, etc. and the time of day the spot is being frequented. And I could forgo the time part.

So, I really never want or want to pay for anything more than a bare bones, low resolution camera.

What do you folks do with these high quality images and videos?

By: MK111

JusPassin- I'm like you and just put camera out to see what's going on when I'm not there. But with the higher resolution at least you can tell what's there. I use a PlotWather time lapse camera alot but the resolution is so bad at 100 yds or so it's impossible to tell if it's a buck, doe or just a coyote. But I will buy another one for a new plot watching.

JusPassin,

It's similar to "Why do people send big $$$ on optics?" If you are on a sheep bowhunt and you only have so many days to hunt. You want to KNOW if that ram is legal....otherwise, you just hiked several miles in steep terrain AND you burned up a precious day of your hunt on a non-legal ram.

Now, let's say that you have limited vacation time remaining for deer season. You've put out some $50 KMart special cameras with 3 second trigger speeds. When you go to look at the pictures, you can tell that deer are moving through the area, but you have no idea if it is that Big guy that you have been chasing for the last two years....because all photos are blurred, grainy, in poor light, or the camera only caught the back half of the animal because the trigger speed is so slow.

If someone makes decent money, or if hunting is a high priority for them, or BOTH....having a state of the art camera will allow you to refine your search and make definitive decisions about where you plan on hunting with the limited time that you have to go afield.....

I have viewed MANY photos of the back half of a deer over the years. A faster trigger speed AND a panoramic view of what triggered the camera, will dramatically reduce the number of "unidentified" deer moving by that camera. Granted, in states that allow the use of attractants (before or during the hunting season), you MIGHT get a photo of a nice buck at the attractant, even with a slow shutter speed. However, in states where NO attractant is allowed at any time of the year, that is where the high speed, panoramic cameras would really be a huge plus.

Date:30-Jun-16

"OK, ya got me? I will put out a camera once and a great while but am admittedly not a "serious" user."

JusPassin,

The really good news for you is there is a whole new and valuable tool for you to utilize in patterning the deer where you hunt and significantly increasing the odds in your favor!

Bill Winke (Midwest Whitetails) pretty much developed the "holy grail of deer cam use" and has some really good thoughts and methodologies that work.

Good luck,

Mark

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.