Vonfoust 19-May-16
drycreek 19-May-16
Michael Schwister 20-May-16
Michael Schwister 20-May-16
MW66 20-May-16
drycreek 21-May-16

Date:17-May-16

drycreek's MOBILE embedded Photo

A shout out to Michael Schwister for turning me on to the Quick Hitch from Tractor Supply. I didn't even know these things existed. Took me about an hour to install both, another fifteen minutes to adjust the pins on my mower, and I hooked up in a matter of seconds. This is the greatest thing since the three point hitch ! Just back up to your implement, lift your arms, and connect your top link. A real convenience for a guy that seldom has any help to change implements. Thanks Michael !

By: MK111

I just bought one to but haven't installed it yet.

It took me longer to connect the shaft to the pto than it did to hook up to the mower. Now, if it doesn't work loose, it will be great. I tightened the hell out of all bolts so we'll see.

Date:18-May-16

Randy, does the collar have a hole for the lynch pin ? I just used a big washer on the end because I wanted some kind of buffer between the lynch pin and the hitch. And......what do you call this collar and where do you find it ? Thanks !

Great idea...thanks for posting it up.

Does it fit on any three point or is there different sizes depending on class?

Whoever designs and sells an "easy and convenient" PTO hookup deserves the same status as the person who created the Post It note! Those PTOs are a major PIA!

Mark

There is a ring pin that comes with the quick hitch adaptors that fit in the lynch pin whole. I use them on most of my implements, but they are not needed. Drycreek's setup should work also (I have it like that on my 3pt disc harrow, no problems in last 7 years).

Randy, I found the bushings with the collar on Northern Tool's site. Ordered three sets. Thanks for the info !

Mark, I just bought the category one that fits my arms, and used the bushings to fit the pins on my implements as I always have.

What did it cost at TSC? Thanks, if affordable I will look into this.

^^^^About $150 Frank, and well worth it IMO. If you knew how many times I've climbed in and out of that tractor. Too close, too far, 1/4 inch off is as good as a foot...............

Thank you. When I get back from bear hunting I will purchase one. My plot work begins in earnest then and if I can get on and off the tractor a lot less that will be enjoyable.

Thanks for the heads up... the worst part of farming for me is changing implements.

drycreek's embedded Photo

Quick hitch bushings from Northern Tool. $15 a set.

Drycreek, what tractor are you using that on? That looks like something I could use on my L2550DT.

Kubota M 5700

By: t-roy

Here's the quick hitch on my 4020.

Drycreek X2! Sometimes you have to hold your mouth just right to get things lined up!!

Can't seem to get it to post.

Date:19-May-16

Drycreek: Those are the ones I use, TSC has them also.

Wow!! That looks......AWESOME! My feet usually hurt from kicking the crap out of one or the other arms because I need just a half inch here, then there, then back over here again, etc. Thanks!!

Thanks guys. I am properly enthused but keep in mind that I haven't actually USED any implements yet. Actually, the mower is my biggest concern because of all the vibration it creates. I know I will have to check and recheck the snugness of all bolts on this hitch when I start to use it, but I'm crossing my fingers that this will work for me. My disc is the least of my worries as it has a removable pin that fits through three holes and is supprted at all three points. It's also the hardest to hook up to because of that, and the fact that there ain't any cheating. Either it's lined up, or not ! Time will tell, and soon.

Date:20-May-16

My 3 point is a catagory 2 also (Kubota M6040) There is a sleeve adapter that slides over the pin making it fit tight in the CAT 2 hitch. Also one of slightly different shape for the top/adjusting link. I bought several of my implements when I had a L3130, and was too cheap to swap them all out. I got the M6040 so I could feed the largest round bales to our horses, and so I could rent the 10' no-till drill from the COOP. They require 60 drawbar HP or they will not rent it out.

The gap on the Pat's and the one piece quick hitch are CAT 3. If your tractor has CAT 2 you can put the CAT 1-2 sleeves on to mount the hitch, then either swap out the CAT 2 pins on the implement for CAT 1 then add those mushroom shaped adaptors, OR just slide a CAT 2-3 sleeve onto the CAT 2 pin with a washer and a lynchpin like shoown in Drycreek's pic, then hook right up.

It sounds complicated, but it is quite simple, a one time job, and it saves many hours of work and grief over the life of the equipment. I have them on my Brush hog, Disc, scraper blade I use for snow, 8' box blade I use to level my steep gravel driveway after a rain, cyclone spreader, my carry all I turned into a wood hauler with wheels on the bottom (so I can hook up, drive to wood pile and fill with a full cord of wood, back into garage and drop/then push towards back of garage so the atv (chore vehicle)can go in behind, post hole digger, and hitch mounted 2 way log splitter (nothing like a 60 hp diesel splitter). Swapping out takes only seconds each time, and PTO shaft is the majority of the time it takes.

By: MW66

I bought my quick hitch at Harbor Freight about 6 years ago for $65. Still running strong today and definitely a worthwhile investment.

Date:21-May-16

I got off my mower today and hooked up to my disc in preparation for next weeks liming project. It was sweeeeet !

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.