LKH 08-May-16
Indianaforester 08-May-16
Grunter 08-May-16
Indianaforester 08-May-16
nutritionist 10-May-16
X-Master 11-May-16
glacier 11-May-16

Date:06-May-16

I have 2 questions for you guys. I just got my Norway Spruces. They are about 18 inches. How many days should I wait to plant after spraying gly down to kill weeds?

Also how long do you think those trees will be good for while kept in their bundles? I have them in a cool dark place waiting to get into the ground. I've gotten a few different answers and thought you guys would have good input.

Once its dry you should be good.

Trees will keep well for a week or so in a cool dark place.

By: t-roy

CAS_HNTR X2

It kinda ticked me off cause the lady who works there maybe even owns it was kinda rude and short with me. I had just spent $700 and she didn't really wana answer my questions.

She told me I had to wait 2 weeks after spraying gly and that didn't sound right to me. Thanks for your input fellas!

Date:07-May-16

There is a large group of folks out there who HATE gly for any number of unknown reasons. They hang with the gluten free and non-GMO crowd. They are too many generations away from the land.

It shouldn't have any soil activity so you should be good after it dries.

Your good after two hours. As long as it doesn't contact the green on the tree you are good to go.

If it's a while before your going to plant them. Stick them in a dirt bank.

By: LKH
Date:08-May-16

Don't put them in dirt unless it's very loose. They will start to produce fine roots and if the dirt has a lot of clay, they will be damaged when you replant. You can keep them somewhat wet and that will help.

Wait two hours or until the herbicide has dried.The trees should be fine for up to two weeks if bundled properly and kept in a cool dark place. Don't poor any water into the bundles.

The gly will only last a few weeks, apply a pre-emergent to keep the weeds from growing through the summer.

When planting keep the roots moist in a bucket. Place the roots in the hole as they were when they were dug, no "J" roots. Make sure the root collar is at or below the ground level.

Indiana - that's interesting what you say on the watering of bundles. The lady said that was no problem at all and to do. I assume you get get root rot with doing that and not taking out for awile??

Root rot is problem with watering in the bundles. If packaged properly with moss and a little water the trees should last a couple of weeks out of the cooler.

Date:10-May-16

I helped bring generic glyphosate into the Us and here is what is known facts..

There are numerous glyphosate resistant weeds out there and it's getting worse each year. Just like with drugs, people should be switching up their chemistries.

Many of the new varieties of glyphosate corn result in a reduction of milk production. This is why many progressive dairies are going back to conventional corn.

Glyphosate affects the soil microbial population just like many other herbicides. Herbicides should be used selectively and to their best of their abilities when one uses then. So many people are not reading label directions and not using them at the right times. This doesn't just effect you but also your neighbors.

That being said i am not against glyphosate and in fact still sell it. But as a nutritionist and consultant, you need to practice good stewardship and this is called being Progressive and not many generations away from the farm.

Glyphosate is designed to work to kill rapidly and actively growing weeds and forages. If one sprays the improper amounts on weeds, without using residual chemicals or additives like a.m.s then your setting one up for future failure. G;yphosate should be used at the right air temperature range and at the early growth stages. Spraying glyphosate on forages and weeds at they are headed out/ in the reproductive phase results in stunted growth and not effective kill.

General rule of thumb is to wait 7 days after spraying to work the ground. The time of year could bring this down to 5 days or raise it up to 10 days or more.

Date:11-May-16

John, do you suggest mixing ammonium sulfate with the gly. when spraying. Please explain the benefits and what this helps with as well as how much to use when mixing. thanks

Date:11-May-16

In my area I recommend Ammonium Sulfate (AMS) with every roundup application. It is basically a water conditioner. Roundup binds very tightly to soil particles and with some minerals. If you have hard water, the roundup will bind with the hard water minerals and become inert. The AMS binds up those minerals. Put your AMS in the solution as you are filling the tank, and BEFORE you pour in your roundup. There are also AMS substitutes that you can buy: some guys really like them, others say that they don't work as well. Basically, the AMS will help your roundup be active when it hits the plant and greatly increase its efficacy, especially if you have a lot of mineral in your water.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.