Date:20-Dec-15

Yup, way cool!

By: Teeton

I'm keeping with the "cool" also... Thanks

By: KJC

Great video! Thanks for posting.

I'm thinking that doe that was leading the buck away from the bedded doe was really a buck.

Cold shower is a myth!

KJC, I hadn't thought of it being a small buck. I had it pegged as the smaller doe's mom... I may have to look at the original footage and see if I can find a better view of it.

By: CD

Wow! I've never seen it like that before.

This video reminds of of one time I drove up on a pond back in the woods and saw three or four bucks standing around the pond bank staring intently out into the pond. Curious as to what was going on I stopped and after a few minutes saw a doe out n the pond hiding in a bunch of cattails. Would have loved to have had a video camera to capture it all.

the one is a small buck - I enlarged the screen and the antlers are visible at 1:06 to 1:09 as they go past them boats,,,,,

just finished it,,,,lots of bucks chasing that poor doe!!

By: Duke

Just like the municipal pool back in the day!

Great video footage!

Cool beans.

Date:21-Dec-15

WoodMoose, thanks for the buck vs doe post. I hadn't caught that it was a buck, thanks for confirming (might need to change my captioning).

By: Zbone

"lots of bucks chasing that poor doe!!"

Yeah, kind of and inkling she was the only hot doe in the area attracting all the bucks...

Catscratch - You said she was smaller, do you think she was this year's doe fawn, I couldn't tell from the video, but am guessing she was young... We had a thread last week going on about the subject...

Very cool video. Did you try to call any of those bucks towards you, seems like you could have drawn one over.

I haven't seen that much rut activity in 40 years of hunting. COOL!

I do think she was young and either didn't come into estrus during our normal rut time (middle of November) or wasn't breed at that time if she did.

My wife filmed that from the house while I was at work, so no I didn't get try a call. But from my experience (having hunted with a chase like this going on around me) calling doesn't do a thing. They seem to have a laser focus and ignore anything else going on. If fact I think they want nothing to do with other deer in this situation.

By: iceman

Very cool video. Thanks for sharing.

I've been lucky enough to see this a few times in Illinois. Doe was laying in the water panting with two bucks standing around panting as well. Neat video for sure. Thanks for posting

Awesome!

By: SteveB

Never have seen it like this before....wow!

Date:22-Dec-15

Brotsky's embedded Photo

Not my picture but a picture of a local legend doing his thing right down the river. Very cool video! Amazing the things they will do when the rut is in full swing!

Cool photo Brotsky, thanks for sharing...

Seen multiple bucks chasing a hot doe a few times myself, even film it a couple times, but yet to see the chase end in water... One thing for sure, bucks will literally do anything they can to reach her... For sure, males think with the wrong organ...8^)

Awesome buck Brotsky! Should be more than a local legend. Big question is why was he photographed instead of shot?

Brotsky's embedded Photo

Catscratch, he was a "Townie", lived within city limits. We used to enjoy watching him in the evenings but unfortunately I believe someone hit him with their car a couple years ago after he had shed his antlers.

Brotsky - Anybody know how old he got to be?

Here's a link to a story our local news station did. The guy that found his sheds thought he was at least 9 years old. I didn't think he was thato ld but entirely possible now that i look back at the stories surrounding him!

Brotsky's Supporting Link

Link...

Terrific video. Thanks for sharing.

By: APauls

Lol teenagers eh?!

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.