nutritionist 10-Dec-15
brettpsu 10-Dec-15
bowriter 10-Dec-15
tr 10-Dec-15
nutritionist 10-Dec-15
Michael Schwister 11-Dec-15
nutritionist 12-Dec-15

Date:07-Dec-15

was anyone used deer creek seed company? quality?

Date:07-Dec-15

dizzydctr's embedded Photo

I have ordered from them only once but was happy with the prompt shipping and quality of the seed. This fall I ordered a 50# bag of Daikon radishes and planted in early September. The fields I planted early specifically for radishes did very well. The later fields where I over seeded wheat and oats didn't do as well due the competition. Overall I was happy with the purchase and anticipate ordering from them again. Will try to send a photo.

Date:10-Dec-15

For those of you who don't know this, i use to work there and some of their mixes i brought to that company and helped market. I will not go into details here and will share in private emails or phone on all the issues they have, but they minic the industry in general. I have posted numerous times on here what is the rules in the seed industry and i have posted what my opinions are on quality seed.

One of the many reasons i went on my own was ...i can talk and do talk deer 24-7-365. I am a nutritionist first and foremost and see seed as nutrition and not a commodity that is thrown on clients shelves. Many of my clients are friends or who have became friends. Because of this there is many things i cannot or will not do.

They now have products with fancy bags. There is many "changes" that make it now easy for me to bring all my client base to my new venture. What I sell is fresh seed that will test what is labeled on the bag. I offer added value and every bag of seed people buy from me, $1 goes directly to youth hunters education and disabled youth hunts.

So, anyone who calls deer creek to order seed and has questions, the answers you will get are not based on any experience and knowlege of deer. There is no seed planting experience, no hunters on staff and this is a liability not just for them but other companies out there where the bag is what sells verses the service.

For those who don't want to buy from my business, I am more than happy to provide a list of wildlife companies around the US that I would buy from based on what i have seen and know about them and their integrity and quality.

I've had very mixed results with them. Take Johns, a.k.a. nutritionist, advice on the quality of seed these "wildlife" companies are selling. His company name is grandpa rays outdoors. You can call and get top quality advice and good seed.

I am curios if anyone knows. Deer Creek Lodge in Sebree, KY was once owned and started by the Stull family. The Stulls were, at one time, quite big in the seed corn business and perhaps other seeds. Does anyone know if there is any connection?

By: tr

I have used Deer Creek seed for many years. Never had a problem.

Family run company....many of the employees are now family. Northern Wisconsin money. They have one large account that is one of the BIG BOX stores. So some of you buy their seed and don't even know it. As long as they keep that contract they will stay in business.

Plenty of Deer Creek's around. In fact a deer farm in the area of Grandpa Ray's Farm is called Deer Creek.

Those who still buy from deer creek seed. i'd recommend waiting til May to buy your seed this year or perhaps any year. But then again i'd say the same about any big box store. Check your seed testing dates and perhaps ask any company where you buy seed from, what do they do with last years seed that wasn't sold?

Date:11-Dec-15

I have stopped by and bought my fall cover crop seed as their Windsor office is near my family farm in WI. Great results with the seed and ag production prices. Will continue to buy from them as available

Date:12-Dec-15

Michael, i grew up in the area and pretty much know all the farmers around Madison since i've been a nutritionist in the area for 25 years. Message me who your family is. You now live in Virginia?

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.