>>>---WW----> 11-Oct-15
>>>---WW----> 11-Oct-15
Bill Obeid 12-Oct-15
bowbender77 12-Oct-15
Mark Watkins 12-Oct-15
deadeye 12-Oct-15
Joey Ward 13-Oct-15

Date:11-Oct-15

I have a Swisher Rough Cut 44 that is a year old. Do these units have a shear pin? The blades are spinning, but as soon as I hit some longer grass it does not mow at all. It does have a new belt. I have certainly hit some stumps along the way. The manual does not give much info, and I could not find much info online. Hopefully someone here can help. Thanks!

By: moon

I had trouble with mine and called the company 800 number. they were helpful and sent parts since it was still under warranty.

Not really sure about shear pin. But I'll bet there is one on the pully. Mine has swing blades just like on the bigger brush hogs. They colapes when you hit something hard or tough to get through. Then centrificle force swings them back out when needed.

Likely you may just need to slow waaaay down to get through the tough tall stuff and give the mower a chance to do its job Good sharp blades really help as well. Also a worn or loose belt could be causing your problem.

Not really sure about shear pin. But I'll bet there is one on the pully. Mine has swing blades just like on the bigger brush hogs. They colapes when you hit something hard or tough to get through. Then centrificle force swings them back out when needed.

Likely you may just need to slow waaaay down to get through the tough tall stuff and give the mower a chance to do its job Good sharp blades really help as well. Also a worn or loose belt could be causing your problem.

Date:12-Oct-15

I have that mower ,in a much older model. Syl Ginther ,at Swisher customer service has always been helpful.

New belt.... make sure it is tight when engaged. On my old one , that means sliding the motor deck forward.

Slowing down does help , but, I've never felt the rough cut mower will ever cut grass like a finish mower. Brush and saplings , I think are its strong suit......grass not so much.

Belt stretch and belt wear can cause the problem you describe. I would check that first. Not sure about the shear pin thing.

sounds like the belt is too loose...

Mark

I have a swisher 44 in. 11 horse.I have had for 12 years.It mows tall grass well but you do have to slow it down.It does sound like your belt is too loose.I carry an extra belt and belt dressing in the truck.I mow brush for food plots.food plots,grass,and weeds.It is a workhorse for my acreage.

Date:13-Oct-15

Since you put a new belt on it, it sounds to me like there is not enough pressure being put on the belt from the idler pulley. I'd check the spring and spring tension on the idler pulley.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.