longbeard 13-Jul-15
CAS_HNTR 13-Jul-15
itshot 13-Jul-15
longbeard 13-Jul-15
CAS_HNTR 13-Jul-15
longbeard 14-Jul-15
FIP 14-Jul-15

Date:10-Jul-15

Ordered a trail camera today, I'm wondering if there is an adapter available to plug into my smart phone or tablet to view the pictures in the field. I remember seeing at one time a little portable viewer you could plug your memory card into but I'm hoping to just skip buying that and use my smart phone! What do you guys use?

Never mind, got it figured out!

So how? Share it with us?

On the big auction sight search for "Android sd card reader"

Yes yes!

I take the SD card out of the trail camera and put it into a point & shoot digital camera. Works fine. I have tried it using my Nikon D7000 DSLR, but that won't work that way.

>>>>-------->

By: Gonzo

Small digital camera works great for viewing and most already have one...

I knew I could use the camera but I always have my smart phone in my pocket and my camera is buried in my pack if I have it at all, the reader I bought was less than three bucks to my door!

By: Jim B

I use a digital camera too but always wish I had a bigger screen.I think the smart phone would be a great way to go and most people have it on them at all times anyway.Thanks for sharing that.I need to get one.

Date:11-Jul-15

Laptop. Big screen!

By: Teeton

In the field I use my camera, but also swap out the cards to take home to view on the puter.

I carry notebook in field or rig swap sd card Looking at 1500 pics on them small cameras suxs

By: FIP

FIP's embedded Photo

Ipad works well for me

Date:12-Jul-15

For the guys that are using iPhone or iPad, is this for viewing purposes only or is one able to save pics and/or delete certain pics of the card?

I use the micro SD cards in my cameras (they are the small little ones that go into your Android phone -sorry iphone fans).

Then I pop it into my phone and check them right in the field. That got a little old, so I bought an external reader that plugs into the charging port for like $10. The phone then sees a new drive and let's you view the photos in the gallery.

The reader I have has a key chain hook that I just leave connected to my ATV key. So I always have it.

http://www.meenova.com/st/p/mrg2.html

M.Pauls

I save my pics on ipad as well. It categories them by date and you can eliminate them one at the time or as many as you would like. It works much better for me than a laptop or computer at home.

Thank you sir! That may be my new method this year. During hunting season I try to only pick cards when hunting that area/stand in which case it is usually just killing me to view the pics on that SD card in my pocket to see if something's been in the area in the last couple weeks!

Date:13-Jul-15

FIP could you give us a run down on that funny looking little gadget that you posted a picture of...Is that a reader for smart phones? If so where can I purchase one? Cost? Viewing only? What is the product name?

Its a card reader that can plug into the micro usb slot on an android phone. The sd memory card plugs into the unit and the phone will them be able to open the pics for viewing. When I do it, I just copy all the pictures (may be hard if its thousands) onto my phone, clear card and put back in camera, and then look at/delete ones I dont want from my phone memory. I can them transfer to my computer later also.

Their are a ton of manufacturers of them......should be able to google "micro ubs sd card reader".....mine was around $8 I think.

By: itshot

what CAS said, mine was about 15 shipped, but make sure it's made for your device!

the one i got works on S4 phone, but not S3 tablet

Thank You...So I assume they make them for all current models of smart phones? Can I get them from someplace like Amazon?

Yeah.....amazon or ebay

Just check to see it says its for your phone model and reads sd cards.....should be good to go. Try and buy from one with good reviews, bit dont spend alot as the cheap ones work too.

Date:14-Jul-15

Thanks Cas

By: FIP
Date:14-Jul-15
FIP's Supporting Link

Longbeard

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.