stick33 28-Apr-15
FLGator 28-Apr-15
kyrob 28-Apr-15
Hawkeye 28-Apr-15
r-man 28-Apr-15
Bowfreak 29-Apr-15
JLBSparks 29-Apr-15

Date:28-Apr-15

Hi Guys. Do you have any recommendations on a quality pull behind mower (UTV) for clover fields,lanes, old plot screens to be mowed. Model would be great too.

Thanks!

Check out the Swisher rough cut trail mower. Built like a tank and won't break the bank!

I disagree on the swisher. I owned one and mowed 5 acres of pasture with it and had to repair it constantly. Had trouble with the steel tearing and broken axles and the tongue broke multiple times. Its a great concept, but the steel used to construct the product was junk. It simply could not handle field mowing even used gingerly. Can not recommend this product.

By: kyrob

I have had a Swisher rough cut for 14 years and mow a very rough 15 acres of my farm with it. The tongue has broken once but have had no other problems with it. If I can drag it over something with my 4x4 atv, the mower will cut it down and keep on going. It has surprised me greatly on how well it does and how it has held up. I have mowed areas of my farm that was well over my head with weeds and briars and had no problems. I don't know how well the newer ones are made but the old one I have is pretty dang tough and reliable.

Thanks guys:)

By: r-man

you would not believe what I mow with a home ride on mower, brush up to 1"thick and 8' high, just use standard blades no mulching crap blades.

Date:29-Apr-15

r-man,

How do you get the deck to go up high enough?

Date:29-Apr-15

I've had a Swisher 60" Trail Mower since '04 or '05. I mow 14+- acres every 2 or 3 weeks, depending on rain. I have welded on it, replaced belts and bearings, and the B&S engine laid down in '12 (gear slipped on camshaft). You won't find a tougher mower for the money. My biggest complaint is there was no battery included when I uncrated it.

-Joe

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.