zipper 28-Sep-14
LBshooter 28-Sep-14
Hammer 29-Sep-14
horseapple 29-Sep-14
horseapple 29-Sep-14
Dakota 29-Sep-14

By: Dakota
Date:27-Sep-14

We are looking for Trail cameras that will send pictures right to your computer. This is not for hunting. There has been some cattle rustling going on in the area and the landowner is looking for trail cameras that will send pictures right to your computer. They want this in case the people stealing the livestock find the cameras and destroy them and they can still have the pictures. They want to place them on a private road to get vehicle description and license plate numbers. Any recommendations?

We are going to go to the exact location and find out. Verizon is the best chance.

Covert Code Black is the one I use. Totally invisible IR flash at night (no red glow). But you'll need to be located in an AT&T service area.

No wireless cam that I know of uses Verizon because the cams have to use sim cards which are not found in Verizon phones.

If anybody knows differently, I would like to know. Need a couple for security myself.

I found this one for Verizon.

http://www.reconyx.com/shop/SM750C_Cellular_Enabled_License_Plate_Capture/d/350/96

Dakota

I looked that up, and at $1200 a pop I think I'll pass ! Thanks though.

By: XMan
XMan's Supporting Link

What about the new Bushnells that just came out? They seem to have a great coverage map. I don't own one so cant comment on the pics and being able to read license plates, my guess is on a moving vehicle they wont be easy to read.

In this situation it might be a little more realistic Dry Creek when a cow alone cost more than the camera. Especially when people are losing them by the handfuls. I'll just pass the information along to them and see what they decide.

By: smokey

Drycreek, my Verizon phone uses a sim card.

Also Dakota, have you thought of a trailcam using WIFI? Moultrie and Spypoint have models that do that.

The cameras are set up to function under the particular texting protocol of AT&T's cellular network. And possibly will work with a T-Mobile plan as well. You benefit from this in the fact that AT&T's GoPhone text-only feature plan is very economical....you choose from either 1000 texts per month for 9.99, or unlimited texts for 19.99 per month. And AT&T will give you just a SIM card with this plan, you don't have to buy a phone.

OTOH Verizon's text-only plans, which won't work with the Covert cameras, start at a minimum of 35.00 per month.

Have two of the Coverts on order, hope they work. We get great cell coverage in a few areas.

By: Jim B

Dakota,this Spypoint,Tiny W2 doesn't send to a computer but it has a receiver that can be concealed up to 250' away.Both camera and receiver record pictures.It would be about impossible to find that receiver,hidden that distance away.You will have to check the cameras but there is no plan to subscribe to,no reception issues and if stolen,you aren't out as much money.

http://www.trailcampro.com/spypointtinywireless.aspx

Smart Scouter can send to phone or computer. Different carrier options, I know they have ATT, Sprint and Verizon.

DJ

By: Hammer

If you can't get the right one they want then get a black light cam that has no red glow infrared lights but make sure you put black tape over the low battery indicator light. Then put it up in the crotch of a tree overlooking the road. My friends parents just did this to catch some thieves and vandals and it worked. No red glow when it goes off so they had no clue it was there and because it was in a tree above their heads pointing down and well hidden they had nary a clue it was there.

Date:28-Sep-14

Thank you everybody

I could have sworn bushnell had a camera for $600 that went to At&T phones.

By: Zebow

Buckeye cam sells an outfit that will email you pics. Very expensive though

The Coverts have great reviews and are reasonably priced compared to like items. I think they are the least expensive of all available options.

I have a covert and I love it. It took two trips to AT&T to get it right but once its set up its very exciting. Just last night I was awaken to two buck sparring in front of my cam. As my life has gotten busier and busier this sure has been a great purchase.

By: zipper

Covert special ops way to go! Had smartscouter had tons of problems!

Do they still hang rustlers?

By: Hammer
Date:29-Sep-14

"Do they still hang rustlers? "

They should!

Cattle rustling is an epidemic in oklahoma, law enforcement blames it on meth addiction.

Cattle rustling is an epidemic in oklahoma, law enforcement blames it on meth addiction.

What are they doing to prevent it in Oklahoma?

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.