Woodswise work 18-Jul-14
Glunt@work 18-Jul-14
bradbear 18-Jul-14
RutNut@work 18-Jul-14
Nick Muche 18-Jul-14
stick n string 18-Jul-14
writer 19-Jul-14

Date:18-Jul-14

I just started hunting WI and I am a resident of MN. My buddy and I where going to the land this weekend to set up a few things and possibly do a little predator control. Did I read it right where a non res has to buy a small game license AND fur license to shoot a coyote? That fur license is $160.00 plus the small game tag. I guess I will not be doing any predator control this weekend. I had my fawn squealer and AR-15 all ready to go.

By: LINK

Not sure about WI but most states don't require the fur bearer unless you are trapping.

I think you only need a small game license

Cost is the defining variable in all things. Be it hunting or grocery shopping. It is as real as it gets. God Bless

Dont pull a rotator cuff pattin urself on the back, there razor.....

Have to agree with razorhead, 160 is not bad when compared to other NR tags.

By: writer

Hey Strut,

How about contacting the Wisconsin DNR folks so you know you get the right answer, instead of going to a bunch of strangers?

In Kansas you wouldn't need the furharvester license to shoot a coyote.

From the DNR regs on their site:

Small Game License is $85.00 for a Non Res.

Small game* and unprotected species (bobcat requires a permit, see page 24) may be harvested with a firearm, airgun, bow, or crossbow. Non-resident small game license does not include hunting of furbearing animals.

Non Res Furbearer Hunting $169 Hunting skunk, raccoon, coyote, fox, weasel, opossum and bobcat with a firearm, airgun, bow or crossbow. (Note: Hunting bobcat requires a special permit, see page 24 for more information)

kinda looks like you did go to the DNR to check......................

I wouldn't have thought there would be a state that would hammer ya like that for yotes.

I understand the high cost of the furbearer licenses. I don't understand why coyotes are included as furbearers.

I like the way Kansas does it. Coyotes aren't considered furbearers and as such, only require a license to kill.

Wyoming has a good take on license requirements for hunting coyotes. I'll list it below:

:^)

shoot them with only a small game as a res. So figured it would be the same. Never looked at the non res rules for here in WI

Considering WI practically gives away non-resident deer tags, they need to make it up somewhere.

Hope they keep "giving" them away cause I'll be needing one in a few months. Pretty excited about heading back and hunting with the Ol Man.

Razor, i wasnt insinuating anything about your respect level for coyotes.

By: writer
Date:19-Jul-14

Nick, you're hunting with Sito in Wisconsin? :-)

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.