deerman406 07-Mar-16
nehunter 07-Mar-16
GAFFER1 07-Mar-16
Stickhead 07-Mar-16
Rock 10-Mar-16
ProBabysitter 12-Mar-16
Mad_Angler 13-Mar-16

Date:15-Jun-13

Would like to know what the best picture viewer is....would like to see pics of the unit as well...along with prices...thanks

any digital camera that takes an SD card will work. you could also download pics from the camera onto your 'puter for even better viewing.

Or pick up an old PDA for $10 on ebay. Works like a charm.

Date:16-Jun-13

I picked up a cruze t301 tablet on eBay that works great for viewing cards. Think it was around $40. Has a nice size viewing screen.

Date:16-Jun-13

I use my IPad. Works great.

Date:17-Jun-13

IPad huh....hmmmm...sounds interesting

Like already mentioned, I use my Nikon P&S camera. I have it with me in the woods so I can check things right there. Other ideas such as Ipad are good too. Much larger screen for better viewing....

>>>>--------->

2nd IPad

By: Oakie

My Reconyx cameras take thousands of photos, and the iPad will hang up. Plus it's a nightmare to delete the photos from the iPad after you've got a bunch on there. The only option for multiple delete is to double finger and drag across every picture you want to delete, selecting each one individually. To delete thousands, this can take a LONG time.

Just an FYI.

If you're dealing with a couple hundred, it works great.

By: sbbow

Tablet

I agree with oakie, I have to download all the photos onto the iPad, you have to import them , you can't just look at them from the card. At least I can't figure out how to. It is definately a pain in the butt to delete them all once you are done. Otherwise the iPad is nice for checking pics.

I have been using the iPad, but might go a differnt direction this year.

--Jim

The Moultrie is great. The more expensive one closer to $100 then the $40 one. Has two card slots, a primary one to download the other cards to, which can also erase the secondary card so you can put it back in the camera empty. It creates a folder for each card. I'd rather have one card for each camera and download it and move onto the next camera. You can also view the images and delete separately if you wish, but usually do that when I get back home and copy the card to my PC. This is the only viewer with a zoom that allows you to move around. All others only zoom towards the center of the pic. This viewer also has a nice big screen. Battery life is pretty good too, especially if you get more expensive batteries. The only slight issue is the download speed. Higher res pics take some time to download if you have several hundred, about 1/sec, but there really isn't a better alternative. Pics from cameras above 5MP may take about a second a pic, but pics half the size go twice as fast. I think anything above 5MP is overkill anyways and I will set the camera to a lower resolution if it allows it. Once the pics are copied, it does delete them pretty quickly.

Between a friend and myself, we had about a dozen cameras out last year and this system worked really well. I also brought it on our trip to Wyoming last year with cameras situated over multiple water holes. It was nice to be able to browse the pics on the reader while driving between camera locations. We have about 6 different brands between the two of us and none are incompatible, something you could encounter with a standard digital camera or media player, especially with older trail cameras. BTW, this device can play media files as well.

Don't want to spend the money, ask for one as a gift.

I just use the camera I always bring with me in the woods. Bring a fresh card to replace and there you go.Bob.

Droid tablet...sorry not an apple fan...also have external sd reader for my phone, for when I pull the card & get in my stand.

Date:18-Jun-13

Cheap camera and a pc if you want to catalog them.

By: gorebm
Date:06-Mar-16

gorebm's MOBILE embedded Photo

gorebm's Supporting Link

I've recently purchased a Game Camera Wi-Fi SD Reader from Darko Innovations. It comes with a custom app that allows you to view all images in a thumbnail view, save images to your phone and also be able to delete all images off the SD card. The app even has a Hunters Log so you can log each hunt and it time stamps it for you. Pretty cool device and very reasonable in price. It's for iPhone and Android devices only I think.

Date:07-Mar-16

Gorebm, so how does this Darko work? You insert the card into the reader and it transmits to the phone via Wi-Fi? You can then delete the pics off the card and put it back in your camera? How fast is download speed? I think there may be a slight problem when downloading multiple cards though. I went to the link and it says the images get saved to a separate folder on your phone. If you have multiple cameras of the same make/model and you download multiple cards you will likely encounter duplicate file names.

The Moultrie reader I talked about, each card you download creates a separate folder on the master card so you don't run into the problem.

I second the tablet. I use an 8" Lenovo tablet that I already have. I can store the pictures on the tablet if I want or just view them. I also use the tablet to read books in a turkey blind. I have google earth on it and all of the typo maps in the US. It has a gps in it. For a $100 I get much more than a card reader.

By: Rock

I bought a card reader for my iphone and it works great. It is small and light weight so I can take it with me anywhere. I can view and delete the picture I do not want easily.

It was only around $14

Check Out BoneView

I use my camera or I have the mini SD cards in trail cameras and just use my phone. Shawn

nehunter's Supporting Link

Just use your cell phone, they make readers for Android and Apple products. Your Android needs OTG viewer, easy to check.

ditto what's said above. Card reader for my phone, works great, and cheap

I only run one trail camera. I simply have an extra card, swap the card, and look at the pictures at home.

By: Rock
Date:10-Mar-16
Rock's Supporting Link

Here is the one I got for my iPhone

Date:12-Mar-16

SD card reader for cell phone. under 10 dollars and can send pics as soon as you see them. Best product bought for hunting since trail camera.

Date:13-Mar-16

Crazy.

Use your smartphone. For android, you can but an Sd reader for a few dollars.

They cost more for Apples but are still readily available.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.