Catscratch 22-Jun-23
GFL 22-Jun-23
GFL 22-Jun-23
GFL 22-Jun-23
Pat Lefemine 22-Jun-23
Julius Koenig 22-Jun-23
mattandersen 23-Jun-23

Date:22-Jun-23

I planted some Egyptian Wheat grass here in SW PA May 21st. We had some hot dry weather immediately after planting but I watered regularly. This is at home so I'm able to do so. The weather has been better lately and it is growing. Just not as fast as I thought. There is a thick section probably about 6" high and a less thick section that is more like 2- 3" high. I realize there is 110 days till maturity but again feel like it should be growing faster. If any guys that have grown this in that past could chime in I'd appreciate it. No fertilizer applied. This isn't for hunting just wanted to try it out and for privacy. I know its annual. 8'x150' strip

Multiple stems might just be the plant tillering.

As a grass EW loves nitrogen. You might try to fertilize it some.

what do you mean plant tillering? I think some triple 19 might be needed. I read it loves nitrogen and potassium.

From the interwebs...

"Tillering" refers to the production of side shoots and is a property possessed by many species in the grass family. This enables them to produce multiple stems (tillers) starting from the initial single seedling. This ensures the formation of dense tufts and multiple seed heads."

By: GFL

Needs a lot of urea to grow.

GFL's embedded Photo

GFL's embedded Photo

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo

GFL x2. Wait till rain is imminent and dump urea or 19-19-19 on it. It starts slowly and then it shoots up like crazy later in the summer.

I thought mine last year had failed and then bam it shot. I took chicken manure From my hen house And it shot up even more.

Date:23-Jun-23

Ok so its a grower not a shower haha thanks guys I'll hit it with some triple 19 before a rain and just continue being patient. I really enjoy the show of watching things grow.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.