how much corn for pressure
Food Plots
Messages posted to thread:
jboutdoorguy 10-Nov-20
OneBooner 10-Nov-20
jboutdoorguy 10-Nov-20

Date:10-Nov-20

I have been putting in about 1.5 - 2 acres of food plots for about 5 years now. The area I plant has a fair number of deer with farm fields around. I have planted clover, kale, turnips, etc. Never planted corn or beans. My problem is if I plant brassicas the ground is dirt by the middle of October. This happened this year with 1/4 acre of Whitetail Institute Edge right next to it. I have planted turnips a number of years and the deer really dont seem to dig them up. I was wondering how much corn I might need to have anything there by late November. Is anything less than 1/4 acre or 1/2 acre a waste? I understand without knowing exact deer numbers its hard to say just looking for opinions or personal experience. I am in North WI and bears are an issue too.

If you plant corn it requires nitrogen and if the plot is too small deer will browse all the tops of before it tassels which will result in no corn. I have to use an electric fence around any plot smaller than 3 acres

Thanks for the info on the 3 acres needing a fence. Wow you must have a lot of deer or no food around?

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.