BullBuster 29-Aug-20
t-roy 29-Aug-20
RIT 29-Aug-20
altitude sick 29-Aug-20
Puppy 29-Aug-20
Big Snowman 30-Aug-20

By: Puppy
Date:29-Aug-20

How can I kill Horse Nettle and not my clover?

By: t-roy

Butyrac (2,4-DB) is a broadleaf herbicide that can be sprayed on clovers and alfalfa. NOT 2,4-D!

Imox is a newer herbicide that will kill both grasses and broadleaves in clover and alfalfa.

Dig a 10’ deep hole. Take Nettle behind the barn. Pick a spot on his forehead half way between the eyes and ears and use a suitable caliber. Or pay a vet to do it.

Can Imox be used in the fall for broadleaf and grass? Or is it a waste at that time?

By: t-roy

I’ve never used it, but I’m betting it’s way less effective on mature plants than on young ones. Mowing, then letting some regrowth to occur before spraying, might make it more effective.

That must be one BIG horse, altitude!

By: RIT

If you are getting an abundance of a certain weed more than likely your soil is trying to tell you something.

It’s just how deep I’ve always buried horses and cattle. Probably not necessary. Heck I bury dogs and cats 5-6’

By: Puppy

I mowed 2 weeks ago and sprayed with IMOX on Thursday since that is my go to but I went back and looked at the controlled species and it wasn't on the list, also didn't see it listed on 24 DB. I will wait and see if the IMOX kills it, if not heavy dose of gly and start over as bad as I hate to.

Date:30-Aug-20

I used IMOX a couple weeks ago with good success. Anything that didn’t die will be weaker going into fall and never survive the winter.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.