Summer to Fall Transition
Food Plots
Messages posted to thread:
@PAarcheryGuy 22-Jun-20
RIT 22-Jun-20
@PAarcheryGuy 22-Jun-20
RIT 22-Jun-20

Date:22-Jun-20

Hey all! Brand new to both the forum and food plot building. I planted some no till mixes in 4 different plots in early May and now they are all rolling. My question is do I just let those ride all year or will I need to replant again in August for the fall hunting season? The bag gives a date range for both spring and fall planting, but I wasn't sure if I would have to spray the current plots to kill them in August and then replant or how that transition works. Any input would be appreciated!

By: RIT

What did you plant?

I planted different Thro and Grow mixes since I was after no-till. Two were extreme with radish, one was extreme with oats, and one was the personal plot. Since it was my first go I wanted to experiment and see which they might like best.

By: RIT

I’m not really following what you are saying other than radishes and Oats. Maybe you were saying a perennial plot? Oats are sometimes planted in the spring for a nurse crop. Radishes are generally planted in July or early August for fall plots depending on zone of course. I have heard of folks planting spring radishes but I don’t believe they will form tubers just bolt. Oats and radishes will freeze out. I know there are some claims of cold hardy oats but I have no experience planting any of them.

I don’t know what else is in the extreme mix. I don’t do a lot of Spring planting and choose to plant for the fall. I’d say I’d you get good growth you could spray those plots towards the end of summer and broadcast fall plots into the vegetation.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.