Trial153 06-Jun-19
Single bevel 06-Jun-19
Habitat for Wildlife 06-Jun-19
BOWNUTCO 06-Jun-19
keepemsharp 06-Jun-19
olebuck 06-Jun-19
Joey Ward 06-Jun-19

Date:03-Jun-19

I bought a 2016 2055 with FEL - 4x4 cab and air.

i bought it used from a good friend that just wasn't using it very much. it had 51 hrs on it. 5 year Power train warranty

I took it straight to the local Mahindra Dealer and got it serviced - and there was a small oil drip at the PTO Seal - they fixed that under warranty - at which i transferred to my name.

i got it home and parked it under the shed... and noticed more oil dripping under the tractor - a very small amount. i cleaned the area really well and found the leak and it is i coming right through the rear transmission case - no leaking seal, or bolt, or anything - there is a pin hole or hair line crack in the case and it drips oil.

The dealer is telling me that this is "probably" not going to be covered under the power train warranty... that it would fall under "misuse or abuse" that they were having to fight with mahindra to get it covered - which blows my mind..... you can see where some one from the factory put bondo or something similar over the crack before it was ever even painted.

Even if it is under warranty they are going to have to completely break down the tractor to replace the transmission case - which would take weeks to get. I'm looking at a minimum down time of 2 months - if they warranty this..

anyone had a similar experience to this ?

By: lewis

Glad I have John Deere’s hope you get it worked out good luck Lewis

If they don't warranty it, or you don't want to wait on down time, it's nothing to add oil before every use(which should be checked before every use anyway) and work away. Small loss over time ain't gonna hurt nothing. In the end, it can be cheaper and quicker.

Good luck

By: APauls

We've had 3 Kubota's at our shop over about 25 years, and each one we sell 8-10 years later for more than we paid for them and after sinking $0 into them. Tough to complain.

I recently went through a similar issue with my New Holland T4.75. My results are drastically different than yours however, my dealer and new holland covered all but $1,000 of the $12,000 transmission that was OUT of warranty!!!!

By: 8point

I've had my Mahindra 26/15 standard shift /FWD diesel since 2004. I use it like a rented mule but keep it serviced. I had a joy stick on the backhoe go bad, a a broken spring in the backhoe power valve, after 10 years of use, and I'd put it against a Kabota any day.

I recently went through a similar issue with my New Holland T4.75. My results are drastically different than yours however, my dealer and new holland covered all but $1,000 of the $12,000 transmission that was OUT of warranty!!!!

I'm with Joey Ward if you need to use the tractor now. My floor drips are a reminder to top off fluids before use. Of course, my tractor is over 60 years old.

Drips would bother me as well. Stuff gets out means dirt can get in and shorten the life of the parts.

By: Shawn

Owned a 60hp Mahindra for 10 years, my dealer was excellent about warranty issues. I should say that I only had one and it was not with power train but the loader. My dealer got it covered both parts and labor and the tractor was over 4 years old. I believe a lot has to do with the dealer going to bat for you! Shawn

By: Matt

Can you weld or patch the hole in the transmission case? Seems easier than what you are considering.

If warrantied/replaced, I am not sure why your tractor would be down the entire time from diagnosis to completion of repair. Have them order the part and take your tractor in once the part is received. Am I missing something here? Seems too easy.

By: x-man
Date:04-Jun-19

I guess I'm with Matt on this one. I would have had that repaired myself by now.

I'm assuming it's a cast case.?. Drain the oil, rinse with a solvent, let dry. grind the surrounding area, prepare a fiberglass cloth and JB-Weld patch, let it cure. Check for leaks. Put it back in service while you wait for warranty results and/or parts. It's very possible that repair will last a lifetime anyway.

By: jdee

jdee's embedded Photo

Never regretted spending the cash on a Kubota !! 2004 and never any major issues at all. Blew out a seal on a lift cylinder once. I sometimes work on my neighbors ranch they have one Kubota old with 6000 plus hours and a 2018 with 600 hours. Buy once, cry once. Good luck !

i'm a welder by trade, with training on how to repair cast Dies. i can fix it if it comes to that. Preheat - and weld it with a nickle rod.

but i also know the nature of cast iron - and if its a problem in the cast it could turn into a nightmare down the road. the only correct way to repair it would be to take it all the way apart - which i'm not comfortable with....

Its under warranty and i have another tractor - so im going to have them fix it.

It's nice to sit here with a 69 year old Massey Harris that never fails. It's also imported, made in Canada. :)

By: Shawn

It is not under pressure, so as has been said, fiberglass and JB weld. This would allow you to use it until the part came in or use it til winter and have them repair it. Shawn

By: Matt

It would be easy enough to document and have the dealer agree to the warranty work prior to fixing the leak yourself.

drycreek's embedded Photo

Y'all can have the rest, I'll stick with the best :-)

By: t-roy

t-roy's embedded Photo

I’ll have to beg to differ with ya, drycreek!

OLD SCHOOL!

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo

Blue in the field and green in my wallet.

Date:06-Jun-19

What brand of tractor is currently made in the US? I have a couple of Jd’s and getting parts can be an interesting undertaking. They have generally held up pretty well though. I am looking to replace my older one in the next couple of years.

JD! They have dealers every where.

A tractor guy told me that there were no tractors under 100 hp made in the US regardless of color.

You have to wonder how much we base our perceptions of quialty and reliability on purely anecdotal observations. That said I am guilty as well, for example if there isnt a Honda or Kawasaki engine in a small machine they I wouldnt purchase it.

My worst tractor warranty experience... Bought a demo Farmtrac 545. Nice tractor, essentially a Ford 3000. Heavy, and the FEL could lift a small planet. Had less than 20 hours on it. One week after I bought it, the Farmtrac corp went belly-up. Bankrupt, so no more warranty or manufacturer support. Within 60 total hours on the thing, It blew a head gasket. Had to pay out of pocket. 50 hours later, you guessed it...head gasket #2 blown. Best thing we could figure was a cold-start solenoid was sticking and goofing up the timing. Fixed that and never blew any more head gaskets. But that tractor leaked fluids all over it. Seemed to be a common issue with them. I unloaded it and bought a Kubota MX5200. Love that thing!

I believe sharp and Pat are correct. We have a 2007 NH TC-45A and it was built in TN, one of the last year's for NH to build small ones in the states I was told.

Our 2015 NH T4.75 was built in Turkey!

I would go with JD now just because we may move when we retire, and they have more dealer locations that can service your equipment.

I like NH and have had zero problems, but I did buy them because that was all I could afford. JD is probably worth it, IMHO.

"most" of the John Deere compact tractors are built in Augusta , Georgia., with a Yanmar diesel engine,,, but tractors are still American!!! A couple are built in Japan by Yanmar for John Deere. I believe part of the utility tractor line up to 100hp is also built in Augusta, Georgia, Yes some of the cheaper utility tractor come out of india!! Waterloo , Iowa,,, still makes the Row Crop tractors for the world. The smaller row crops are made in Germany!! Bownutco

A friend just bought a JD loader tractor, 90 horse front wheel assist, it was made in Mexico.

They called today and said the parts would be ordered today and it would be under warranty- that i should have it back by the end of next week.

From “may be covered” and 2 months downtime, to “covered” and a week down.

It’s like the un-Twilight Zone!

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.