Deerplotter 30-Mar-19
Makowski food plots 31-Mar-19
Deerplotter 31-Mar-19
BullBuster 31-Mar-19
lewis 31-Mar-19
Slam38 01-Apr-19
BullBuster 01-Apr-19

Date:29-Mar-19

Which clover brand has the longest life. Which is preferred by deer?

Lots of if's and unknowns in your question. I plant quite a bit of ladino and med red clover with good success.

I get ladino clover from the local co-op. Have had awesome success with it, my fields will be going on their fifth year without replanting. But you have to have grass and broadleaf weed maintenance during the growing season along with fertilizing.

acidic soil, sandy, clay, arid, wet, location ??? Makes a difference.

acidic soil, sandy, clay, arid, wet, location ??? Makes a difference.

I've always had great stands with Whitetail Institute clover, and it's super attractive to deer. It's relatively expensive, but for the results and longevity, it's still viable to me. I think it has a mix of three white clovers in it if I remember correctly. Of course if you're planting a large area, you might want to purchase elsewhere, but if I were planting white clover that's what I'd plant.

By: crowny

I planted 1/2 acre of perennial plus from deer creek seeds and it going on 4 years, just started to see some bald patches. I mowed it once a month in June , July and august. the deer really hammer it all summer. will plant again.

Date:30-Mar-19

I’ve got a 1 acre plot of imperial whitetail clover now in its 8 th year. I’ve over seeded a few weak spots and managed the weeds but don’t think I need to start over any time soon. It’s greening up nicely now with deer already grazing.

Kura has been proven to have the longest life. But its not easy to find, its expensive and doesn't tolerate competition while it is establishing.

X2 on ladino with medium red. Good luck!

Has nothing to do with brand. Pick a mix that is compatible with your soil/site and buy from a company that has quality (germ count, purity, etc.) and keep up with maintenance and you can maintain it indefinitely.

I have sold and planted many types of clovers over the years with mixed success. I would admit and agree wholeheartedly with the guys on here who said Imperial WT clover provided great results. My experience as well. I hate the price but admit the Whitetail Institute is a leg up on other companies in regards to this particular seed.

Date:31-Mar-19

Durana is definitely the longest lasting that I have planted. I have had some durana get killed off in the winter in my region also. Kopu 2 and Alice are good options also.

Pat -have you ever combined the Durana and Ladino to get best of both world? Results?

I found that ladino does a good job out competing weeds until the heat of mid summer. Then the weeds take over. Butyrac also becomes inaffective at that point for my weeds.

By: lewis

On our Tn plots the deer prefer the ladino I throw in some crimson and or red and it seems to work well. I have 2 ladino plots that are around 5 years old. I have mixed ladino and Durana just ok probably won’t do it again . Good luck Lewis

By: Slam38
Date:01-Apr-19

What is the best spray on clover to control weed and grass???

Date:01-Apr-19

IMOX. Expensive but 2 for 1. Gets broadleaves and grass.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.