Bigmikey600 27-Mar-19
Single bevel 27-Mar-19
Bigmikey600 27-Mar-19
t-roy 27-Mar-19
BullBuster 28-Mar-19
Bigmikey600 28-Mar-19
bfisherman11 02-Apr-19

Date:27-Mar-19

I have .5 of an acre max that i was going to plant next year but got an itch and went out and frost seeded white clover with chickery, and dumped my first load of lime out. The nole i planted is goldenrod & light grass theres no way to get equipment out to it well. Should i wait untill the clover sprouts good or if it even does to try and spray off all the weeds, or should i hit them at very first green up to give the clover less competition befor they germinate?

What herbicide you you intend to use? And where are you located? The growing zone, the herbicide, and the weed variety will have a bearing on how to deal with them. And how will you maintain it going forward? Weed Wacker? And remember, adding chicory to clover does slightly complicate herbicide choices. There are only a few broadleaf herbicides that are clover safe but won't kill chicory. I would spend the summer prepping for a fall planting of clover and cereal rye.

SE wisconsin, if i loose the chickery its proly no big deal if the clover comes in strong, i could possibly get my lawn mower out there. I was thinking of finding some clethodim for the clover, this is mainly for mid nov attraction, i do have a big lo jug of glyphosphate i could rip threw there in 2 weeks but not sure if that would mess up the germination

By: t-roy

Is Imox safe for chicory too?

Date:28-Mar-19

Imox data says use on chicory when in early 2-4 leaf stage but not when greater than 4 leaves. Pat, why would you add Cleth to Imox? It already targets grasses.

Date:28-Mar-19

Yea does celth kill something that the imox dosent? Or if you and run cleth wouldent it be cheaper to skip the imox?

Date:02-Apr-19

My plots in SW WI that have Chicory get hammered by deer. They love that chicory so don't disregard it too fast. I think the mower is your best friend over herbicide in my opinion... I have used some herbicides, just don't like the idea of the deer out there eating the plots with that crap out there... Especially knowing that later I will be eating them. Ha.

Bill

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.